“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Laurel, Delaware
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here one night on July, 2012. It is a nice, well maintained hotel. The breakfast was good and the pool and the hot tub were great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

We showed up here without a reservation after changing our plans at the last minute. We had tried the Holiday Inn around the corner first as they were number 1 on Trip Advisor but they wanted to charge us $159 for a King bed and sofa fold out. At the Best Western we got two queens and a crib for $109. The place looks new but is apparently 6 years old. The maintenance staff do a good job because I thought it was brand new.

The staff at the front desk were so polite and friendly - one of the best welcomes I have had from a late night arrivals.

Breakfast was included and was the standard hotel breakfast. No better or worse than most hotels. We usually bring our own cereal. The coffee was nice and my husband enjoyed the waffles.

Only one complaint - it was after 10pm and there were kids running up and down the hall unsupervised. Not the hotels fault but the walls were not very sound proof.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I checked in for a 3 day stay, however I get to my room and my key does not work. I go to the front desk and they tell me that I did not extend my stay after the second night????? Now they proceded to put all my belongings in garbage bags, clothes, shampoo, drinks from the fridge, food all in the same bag. Then tell me they have another room 2 doors from the one I was tossed out of. Make sure you get something from them when you check in..... or your belongings will be in a garbage bag. I never!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

My company always uses this hotel during for business as its close to our office location.

I stayed in the king suite and it was spacious, clean and Dailey accessible since it was on the first floor. Breakfast was great and provided as part of the stay.

On my last day I noticed the bill was higher than it should have been - my nightly rate was wrong which was an extra 100 to the bill. I had to show proof of my travel itinerary to have them fix it. Additionally as I was packing and pulling my luggage out of the room at 12 (on the dot) I was called in my room and asked "when are you leaving.". I had told the front desk I would be leaving at noon since I had to work in the morning. It was rude and I felt pushed out of the hotel. It's not a bad place to stay but service varies widely!!

• Stayed May 2012
Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

stayed here as part of our cruise & Florida keys trip. Very nice hotel. Had a king room on the top floor. Staff was pleasant, rooms clean, continental breakfast wonderful! 24/7 coffee and washer/dryer for a fee. Great rates. Will continue to stay at Best Western and recommend this hotel. Restaurants and coffee shop nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights in March, 2012. The service and the hotel exceeded my expectations for the price I paid. The staff was helpful. Another advantage is the free breakfast. It is served in plastic plates. maybe it is a standard in USA, no idea. It is in the middle of a small shopping center. We loved the possibiltiy of finding our favorite restaurant Bahama Breeze in a short walking distance.
I can advise this hotel without hesitation for budget travellers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We have stayed at this property in Miami, several times, as it's convenient for why we are in Miami. We go each April. The property and rooms are spotless, fresh looking and smelling, inviting. The staff are all friendly and dedicated to making sure their guests are going to walk in after a day traveling or busy day in meetings either on property or elsewhere and feel like they just came home!

I have severe allergies, etc, and have never had an allergic breathing reaction here. I can't say that for other places we have stayed, even if our early reservation did state there is a guest arriving, use no heavy chemicals to clean, etc.

BW Kendall has added recently, a nice, simple hot breakfast buffet that is free to guests, which was a suggestion my husband had made on a review [probably many others did, too] years ago. We made ourselves nice biscuit and eggs with cheese and ham sandwiches, had a hashbrown patty. You could get hot oatmeal, yogurt, fresh waffles, nice selection of whole fruit, sweet rolls, toast, individual butter pats, jams, jellies, two kinds of individual peanut butter...they had juices, fresh coffee that hubby said was very good. The nice assortment of creamers. The breakfast is available early, too, 6am. They probably had cold cereal, too, and milk, but I was a happy clam with my biscuit and goodies discovery!

The property does not have it's own restaurant/bar...don't let that detour you! Right across the street, and all up and down the main road and all points around the facility are places to go. Directly across the street on the opposite corner from the Kendall is the Bahama Breeze [a Longhorn chain property] that is fantastic and hugely surprising for the area are their prices! We had a fabulous dinner with a beer each, for $35! We just walked over.

We have yet, on any trip, had to call front desk, for anything we may need or to have something fixed at the Kendall. We have never had a shortage of hot water in the shower, never had a problem with wifi internet service and we both bring along laptops [that said, we always bring along our own power strip]. The a/c always works [travelers do have to keep in mind these individual a/c/heat units DO make more noise than you are used to at home. But the Kendall's are very quiet compared to others] . Beds are comfy.

Room Tip: We had 208 this time, which was nice and close to the elevator lobby and the ice machine/vending are...