“Disappointed...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 24 restaurants in Kendall
Miami, Florida
“Disappointed...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I guess I know why the place was completely empty. Let's start by saying you don't go there for the service. We started with the Chili cheese fries which were good. We ordered the brisket and ribs plates. The brisket was really good, I would go there for just that. The ribs were good but kinda on the average side. The Onion strings were good, . Drawback? They hadmetal shaving! Sides of mac & cheese was horrible, no taste at all. Tasted like plain pasta. The coleslaw? Either it was old and rotten or it is the worse coleslaw in the world! Really? At a BBQ? This are basic sides people!

% Recommend
south Florida
“Tasty, good sides, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Located across SW 104 St from Miami Dade College, Fuego Lento has a prime potential customer base. I just hope the students find their way across to them, because at least on our early Saturday evening visit, we found only 2-3 other customers in the very large room.

Domingo's Carolina Pulled Pork is well textured and flavorful, even without the sauces (Sweet, Smoky, Mustard, Spicy). My wife's Turkey was also fine. Platter sides are the pretty standard fare for a BBQ place, ample servings, average quality (though the name "Bacon Mac'n'Cheese" ought to add another scoop of bacon to make it meaningful). In fact, the sides overwhelm the meat portions; I'd rather pay another buck and have more meat.

A machine in the corner promises unlimited soft-serve coming soon. I'd go back to take them up on that.

Two large-screen TVs hang on the north wall; at the opposite corner, a cushy sofa with its own smaller TV lets, say, a few chums relax with beers while waiting on their food, or just hanging. Otherwise purely functional tables and booths.

They've been open about three months and still they have their name in handwritten colored marker on the glass frontage. If you're interested in good 'Q, I recommend that you get here soon.

• Visited October 2013