“A Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Kendall
“A Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

A 14-day stay at the Courtyard. Home away from home for my wife and me. Relaxing atmosphere. Was here for doctoral defense at U Miami. Conveniently located. Metrorail is just 3 minutes walk. Publix next door & Dadeland Mall a block away. Staff are great & friendly especially Rene @ the Bistro. Small but nice pool & jacuzzi. Going to stay here again next time when visiting Miami in the future. Business amenities are good!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Antigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

As a Caribbean shopper! & businessperson the team at Front Desk and Bell Station could not have been more helpful - they were warm, used my name, relaxed yet gave on-point clear information in an efficient manner. The bar/bistro was great for a check-in salad and glass of wine and the attendant was all smiles and assistance.
SO, the product is good and meets standard Courtyard expectations but the STAFF knock it out of the ball-park!

One small niggle - reposition the TV - if watching in bed you have to turn your neck left - uncomfortable!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Parkland, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

checked in recently for business trip, arrived at Valet to park car, he asked me a question in spanish, i could not undersatand, had to have the other Valet take my info. Upon checking in to hotel i was helped by counter person who issued me my keys to my room, to my surprise the room i opened with my keys was occupied! i finally received keys to another room. Rooms are clean, AC was cold, desk had nice lighting for reading with plenty of outlets for charging computer, phone etc.I stopped at Bar for drink, service Ok- Hotel close to near by restaurants walking distance - was up at 6:30 AM - there was no Coffee and no one behind food counter?
Would not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel lobby was recently renovatd - which was nice. I also enjoyed the hot tub.

The rooms could stand a mild updating, but nothing to fuss about. Valet service was quick and effective.

The servie at the bistro in the lobby was so slow. It was horrible. Not to mention overpriced.

Wireless kept going in and out. Cable channels were sparse. Probably wont stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Celeste S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for recently staying with us at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Dadeland and for taking the time to complete our guest survey.

I'd like to extend my sincere apologies that your experience at our Bistro was not pleasant.
Some of our team members are relatively new and I apologize that their service was slow. We are taking appropriate measures to increase our overall efficiency and trying to serve our guests in the timeliest manner possible while providing personal service .

Should we have the privilege of having you as our guest again we hope we can regain your trust and allow us to service you accordingly. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help make your future stays more enjoyable.

Kindest regards,

305 670-1220
celeste.senofonte@mdmusa.com
Spring Green, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Not sure this Courtyard is really part of the Marriott family. There are so many things that I, as a platinum elite rewards member, have come to expect from Marriott that were lacking at this hotel I question the hotel's affiliation with Marriott. Here are some of things I experienced:
1. There is no complimentary coffee in the lobby. You have to shell out $4,00 for the swill from Starbucks.
2. When I went down for breakfast on Monday morning there was no food or coffee to be had. No staff.
3. I was not offered a choice of points or a market item on check in. Market item or swill from Starbucks.
4. The CBS station was blocked on my TV in my room.
5. I asked housekeeping for extra coffee packs for my room only to be told that was not possible. The hotel policy was one coffee pack per room per day.
6. This is the first Courtyard that I was not given a free or discounted breakfast.

I think you get the picture. This Courtyard could not care less about your Marriott Rewards status or, for that matter, anything except their tireless efforts to force people to Starbucks and the hotels new "bistro" with inexperienced staff and over-priced, bland food.

Room Tip: Select the full service Marriott across the street for the best service and room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Harvy G, Assistant Director of Operations at Courtyard Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Dennis C,

Thank you for taking the time in posting your comment and for your loyalty with Marriott brand

On behalf of all the associates please accept our humble apology for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced during your stay.

Mr. Crowley, you're a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

We appreciate your comments and we look foward to host you in your next visit.
Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Feb 8 post cruise, told on line free shuttle to hotel, wrong. 10 pp. each way. They did adjust this because of the confusion. (I think, I will have to check the cc). Front desk were nice. Valet parking only which is $11, but 5.50 for Marriott rewards so I was told at desk. Under construction, the breakfast was not ok. The coffee was good. The hotel elevator has to be started with your room card, I think this is dangerous. It is under renovation right now. Beds comfortable, everything worked in room. I did not get to the pool or hot tub. I used a certificate, the rate is $200, for that I would say "not this Marriott". Very tight area with lots of traffic. It is Miami. I do think that it is very close to the Dadeland mall.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My Fiancee and I stayed at this location in Nov. 2013, and it was great! Clean, spacious, quiet, and we had a balcony room overlooking the pool (although it was closed during our stay) and the high rises of Dadeland. The lobby was under construction, but they did mention that on the website and it was no problem at all since we had a nice room. We were given a complimentary continental breakfast since their normal dining was closed. They reduced the valet parking fee since we are Elite members with Marriott for the construction inconvenience. The only problem was with the valet parking since they park the cars on the 9th floor of a nearby condo building (Metropolis I believe; my family has a condo there and they told me it gets a little crazy on their floor for parking sometimes), it takes awhile, 15 minutes usually to get your car. So don't be in a hurry if you have a car. The prices are decent and the location is great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendall
Miami Marriott Dadeland
#49 of 114 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 365 reviews
Miami Dadeland Hotel
#7 of 7 in Kendall
3.5 of 5 stars 11 reviews
Coconut Grove
Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!