“nice home base” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Kendall
Norwich, Connecticut
“nice home base”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were in Miami for a wedding and stayed here with other wedding guests. Everyone we had contact with went out of their way to be helpful. The rooms were well maintained. The breakfast was good. The young man taking care of the breakfast area was outstanding. The front desk people were excellent. We had people coming and going all weekend and they stayed on top of it all. For us, this Courtyard was perfect as our home base while attending the wedding.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I came back again for his work, and the place wasn't quite as nice as I remembered. The room is still decorated nicely and is spacious. The staff is very friendly and courteous, which is one of the better points. The gym is also great.

The downsides would be that this time we got a room near the road. It was on a higher floor but I could still hear road noise during the day. The evenings were ok though. I didn't hear anyone next door though. The bed seems like it needs replacing soon, as well as the towels.

The pool was heated and nice although it is small, surrounded by brick and beyond it is the road, so not exactly super relaxing. The hot tub was under construction too which was disappointing. The breakfast for $12 was not very good either, although they did have a lot of food options.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed here 5 nights with my husband and 2 year old. This was a pretty central location for us since we have family all over the Miami area.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious. They do have a breakfast buffet in the morning but we didnt use it.
There is a Publix grocery store across the street which was perfect for a cheaper breakfast option and to have snacks in the room.

The hotel has a small pool area. The valet was kind of a mess. Leaving our car at night with valet, means leaving your car in the middle of the street until they can find space to move it. Staff and housekeeping were very nice. My room was a standard King bedroom. The beds are comfortable and the room was a decent yet standard size.

The Dadeland mall, Starbucks, Old Navy and the I-826 (Palmetto) freeway are just a couple blocks away, There are also restaurants such as a Chili's, a pizza place and Mexican restaurant right off SW88th and SW72nd. (a few blocks). Plus restaurants such as Cheesecake Factory inside the mall.
With rush hour traffic, it was about a 20-25 minute drive from the Miami airport to the hotel.
If you drive from the hotel towards Miami Beach or Coral Gables..etc, be prepared to be in a lot of traffic on the Dixie Hwy. There is so much traffic and so many stop lights. Its a little frustrating.

All in all, I liked staying here and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The Courtyard Dadeland hotel was a good choice for me and friends. It´s located very close to the Dadeland Shopping Mall, a Publix supermarket, some nice cafes and restaurants and also the metro, where you can connect to other shopping and leisure places in Miami. Some computers are available at the front desk for those who not have a notebook or tablet. Very nice and efficient staff, great housekeeping and incredibly silent room. The hotel is not new, but gave us a very good experience, indeed!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Have stayed here regularly throughout 2011. Was surprised to see the negative comments from others about this hotel. I have never experienced any of these incidences. The hotel is a high quality establishment and meets the Marriott standards. Breakfast is not free, but it can be worked into your daily rate. I don't rent a car, as I can walk to the office. All my trips here are for business. There is a Publix supermarket across the street, as well as many restaurants within walking distance. I've reviewed several of these as well.. Rooms are quite spacious and include a flat screen TV. Recently during the NFL season, they provide Free popcorn during the night games. Staff is very friendly and go out of their way to assist you. Across the street is the Dadeland Mall, and the hotel provides a free shuttle service here, as well as to and from the airport.

Room Tip: Lower floors have less A/C noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I spend over 200 nights a year in hotels. As a Marriott Platinum Elite member with close to 100 nights in the Marriott line this year this would have to be my most disappointing stay thus far. Most Courtyards give Platinum members a complementary voucher for breakfast. Not this one! When my wife and I laid down for the nigh to watch a little TV before retiring, we turned it on and sound but no picture. Called the front desk they offered to move us or send up a technician, we opted for the latter, but we both had to get dressed again to receive the tech. (he go it fixed) The bed was like sleeping on the boxsprings (stiff as a board). The toilet tissuewas the cheapest I have ever seen anywhere. The coffee at the coffee station in the lobby was cool at best, with no half and half. I had to request hot coffee & the half and half fro,m the front desk. Oh, and let's not forget....no parking, except for $12 a night valet which required a half hour wait to get your car back, then an open hand wanting a tip.... I will not use this Courtyard again, but maybe try the Marriott across the street. They get $200 and up for a room, I wouldn't give $49... Better yet try the Dadeland Hampton Inn around the corner. Better beds, free breakfast an free parking with no waiting...

• Stayed December 2011
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard for a total of 5 weeks and it was 5 weeks of missery. I was told to move room 3 times as they had an ant infestation which would not go away. The room was not cleaned until around 3pm and when your there to relax you dont want to be kicked out of your room. The people on the front desk were nice for the most part if not overly helpful. When ever i requested something they always seemed to roll there eyes as if to say it was not their JOB. Over all I would never go back to this hotel and I would never recomend for anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: Yeah Dont even bother.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!