“Not a good one” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Kendall
Taipei, Taiwan
“Not a good one”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

1. I asked if there is any free breakfast, and got a answer of "yes, we have breakfast in morning". However, it is NOT FREE, and was charged 12USD that comparing to other same level hotels, it's not worth it. (Holiday Inn does a better job)

2. There was mosquitoes(and bed bugs) in the room that bit me. Also, I suspect there is bed bug because after I left the hotel, my body had certain bad reaction that reacted only to the bed bugs.(I can recognize the bites between bed bugs and mosquitoes due to my special body reactions)

3. I doesn't feel good while in this hotel for some reason, I should have chosen other hotels.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

This was a great hotel to stay in for a first trip to Miami. The only negative was the vehicle valet service, which sucked. Vehicle was blocked most of the time and we had to wait at least 15-20 mins to get out of the crowded valet area. There is a publix right in the same parking lot which makes it really convenient for forgotten items and incidentals. The Dadeland Mall was nice also, right across the street in walking distance. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you inform the housekeepers not to let the doors slam everytime they enter and exit the ro...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Guilford, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My stay at Marriott's Courtyard Miami Dadeland Inn was pleasant, the price reasonable, and it was conveniently located, just across the street from the more expensive Marriott Hotel, the HQ for my high school's 50th reunion; also, it was only two blocks from the Dadeland Mall, one block from Publix Super-Market, one block from "Shorty's," which, quite simply, is the greatest bar-b-q place in South Florida! Also, the neighborhood contains several other interesting ethnic restaurants. The staff were friendly, competent and helpful. (e.g. they provided some scotch tape, to help me mend the cover of the paperback I was reading--Moby Dick--when I had unintentionally ripped it while pulling it out of my back-pack; also, via phone, they provided directions on how to get to the hotel by public transportation, and, once there, provided me with a map of Miami's public transit system; hence, I was able to take Miami's high speed elevated rail system from and to Miami's Amtrak station, thus avoiding a $60 to $70 cab fare each way!). There in-house breakfast buffet was good. Another friend and I had a wonderful, leisurely brunch the final morning of our 50th anniversary reunion. My only complaint? The dozen or so computers available to hotel guests in the lobby were in sad shape. I couldn't even get into my e-mails, let alone send any, without trying half-a-dozen before finding one which was operational. Then again, like everyone else these days, I should have brought my own lap-top (but wanted to travel light). All-in-all, though, a pleasant *** with wonderful staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Love the Marriott chain in general - Courtyard, Fairfield, Residence Inns - love them all. I can always count on a good room in a convenient place at a decent price.

This was a very nice hotel and room - just a notch above the average Courtyard in a convenient Dadeland Mall area. Close to restaurants and shopping.

Only two downsides - parking and the AC unit.

Parking is limited to valet only. You can likely take a spot at one of the garages, but when you check in at 1130p at night, I'm not hunting for a garage. But this means that you have to call down well in advance to have your car ready to go. When you're pressing for time in getting to a morning meeting, factor in HEAVY traffic in the area (particularly northbound on the Dixie Hwy) and the wait to get your car. Almost cost us getting to our 9am meeting.

And why do major hotel chains get these cheap, loud wall units and put them in an otherwise perfect room? Anyone who travels for a living has dealt with this problem - the compressor turns on and its so loud that it breaks your sleep cycle. That made for two very uncomfortable nights. Absolutely nothing the front desk can do - this is just the nature of these kinds of units. Just very 2 * infrastructure in a 3* property.

Marriott - don't cheap out on us!

Room Tip: Some busy streets nearby - get a higher floor if possible. And traffic on the nearby Dixie Hwy is a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Far from downtown but Publix, Dadeland Mall and Metrorail located very next to the hotel. Nice staffs. The only problem was valet parking. It took so long to bring your car.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Requested a day rate as I had a few hours to kill before a late afternoon meeting nearby. The front desk clerk quoted me a rate of half the full day rate. I agreed and checked in. When leaving the hotel a few hours later, I was informed that I would need to pay the full day rate. After trying to reason with the clerk, the imbecile Operations Director further refused to honor the rate I had been quoted. The clerk then changed his story to say that the rate he offered me was only "conditional" on the managers approval (probably fearing he was going to be fired). What a joke. For a rate difference of $60 he allowed me to leave the hotel seething and for sure never coming back. What a pity as it was very convenient to a place I will need to visit frequently, but fortunately there are plenty of others to choose from at the same price....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Clean, friendly staff and the usual good Marriott Quality. I chose this hotel for the shuttle from the airport and the proximity to the Dadeland Mall. There are also other name brands around, such as Target, Best Buy etc.
The walk to the mall is quite a bit though. I could not be bothered with their shuttle schedule (every hours or so) so I walked. Even though I love walking, I took a taxi a few times when my feet were killing me. I would have loved for them to have more frequent shuttle service to the mall. I had stayed at Marriott Dolphin before, and would choose that one next time due to the walking to the mall situation. The Marriott Dolphin is on the parking lot of the Dolphin mall.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!