“noisy and cheap feeling hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Kendall
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“noisy and cheap feeling hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

no refrigerator, not even a bottle of water

ugliest carpeting imaginable

overall just low quality building + elevator

horrible sounding fans in the bathrooms + corroded light fixtures

apparently it will no longer be an Indigo Hotel, it will be Aloft now

Stayed June 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Kansas City, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2015

This is an older building and the hotel could use an update. Free parking and close to highways and shopping.
Odd shaped desk in room and narrows as by the bathroom. Huge oversized lamp in room. Had to turn it so I didn't hit my head. Wifi works good. Quiet. Room with King bed was tiny and the bed so high I had to climb up on it.
Expected better from the Indigo brand. Won't be back.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear worktraveler4404,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us. We are truly touched and grateful for your very kind review regarding with our location, parking and wifi. On the other hand, it is regrettable that you find our room and bathroom layout not to your liking and found our hotel needing renovation. Your feedback is highly appreciated as this helps us gauge what we are doing right, and identify areas that may benefit from additional attention and upgrade. We hope you would consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Dianne L
Marathon, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2015

At first glance it seems nice for a reasonably priced hotel. The location is perfect and seems to be in a nice and safe area. I checked in and was impressed by the cleanliness of the lobby and appearance of the staff. I had a reservation made weeks in advance for a room with a king bed. While checking in I was told that the only room they had left with a king bed was on the first floor I agreed as if I had a choice and on to the room I went. As I was walking to the room I noticed a slightly moldy odor but thought nothing of it. When I opened the door to my room the source of the mold smell was revealed. Wow the smell was strong. I turned the air conditioner down as low as it would go hoping to dry out the room and continued to check the rest of the room. The room was clean in appearance but in much need of repair. Here is a small list of items in need of attention.

-Floor near the air conditioner had a few cracked tiles.
-Ceiling had a very large black smudge mark on it unknown if it was mold.
-Shower tile grout joints covered with mold and dirt.
-Shower tiles appeared to be loose and ready to fall of the wall ( looks like someone glued them back on at one point but a very poor repair attempt).
-Bathroom lighting rusty and very crooked.
-Bathroom exhaust fan not working which could explain some of the mold problems.
-Bed sheets had small blood spots on them (fresh blood not old blood).
-Decorative bed pillows had yellow stains on them.

I did stay in the room for two nights because I really had no other choice and besides my motto is "Bleach can clean and kill anything even mold and ebola". Hopefully the hotel checks their reviews and can make the needed changes. I will be going back in a few months and will review another room at this location. Don't settle for a ground level room as moisture is normally more of an issue in first level or basement level areas.

Room Tip: Don't accept a first floor room.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear HappyCamper3121,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us I am delighted to hear that you liked the location of the hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to room cleanliness, bathroom maintenance and untidy bedding amenities. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. Rest assured that these aren't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves in. I surely appreciate you raising these weak points to our attention. Your comments have been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our facilities.

Lera P
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2015

We go to Miami every 6-8 weeks. Hotel Indigo is one of three hotels we stay at in Kendall-Dadeland area depending on which one has the lowest price at the time we book. The rooms are fine, service is adequate; they occasionally get something wrong but they fix it. EZ to get to. We'll go back.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Ambler, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2015

This hotel is an option if you need to be fairly close to Baptist hospital or U.Miami ( though there are closer choices, if available). On balance its pretty run down and needs a $12-14M capital improvement. Hvac in room lousy. Either your warm or it blows a cold stream right on your neck, from an out of date floor-standing hvac. Bed sags. Decor blechh. Not awful but I would not return if I have another choice.

Stayed May 2015
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear CLF422,

We appreciate you sharing your experiences with regards to your stay at our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and it is nice to note that the location of the property is a close proximity to your needs. However, it is regrettable if you find the hotel to be needing improvement. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. Rest assured this matter is already taken into account for an upgrade as we always try our best to deliver the utmost accommodations we could offer to our valued guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you would consider to stay with us again in order to show our improvements.

Divina P.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2015

This hotel is convenient to the airport, Baptist Memorial, and other Dadeland business locations. Probably 30-35 minutes from downtown and maybe 40 minutes to Miami Beach. It is badly, badly run down and dirty in a way that can't really be cleaned or painted over.

I'm a Platinum member with the Intercon Group so I stay at these properties a lot. My first room was exceedingly small and the AC did not work. The AC was running but not cooling despite drapes being drawn, etc. This hotel has the ancient wall mounted AC units some of which work, some of which don't. Staff was friendly and changed me to a room with an AC that was barely getting buy albeit very noisily. The room and the rest of the property are just dingy. Bathroom had obviously been cleaned but had old stains in the shower area.

I think the staff is doing what they can here, and I know they are cleaning, but this property is just so old and badly outdated that it can't really ever be clean until they tear down the interior and redo it. I walked out, bid farewell to the group of people oddly loitering in the parking lot, and went down the road to the Marriott - which was similarly down at the heel but bigger and cleaner.

Room Tip: Stay at another property.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Tutweiler,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the positive comments on the staff. However, please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Mainzer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015

This is the only Pet Friendly Hotel in the Miami Area. We went to Miami to see some friends and had looked on the internet for hotels. Don't believe what the ads say and we had did a search for pet friendly hotels in Miami. On the internet most hotels say they are pet friendly but this is the only one that had a room for us and our dog. This is an up beat hotel, very clean, and the staff very friendly. Many chain hotels said they were pet friendly but when we asked for a room, no pets allowed kept coming up. This is the only one that allowed pets.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!