“Best Sub Shop in the WORLD!! Lots of meat, great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Kendall, FL
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 26 restaurants in Kendall
denver, co
“Best Sub Shop in the WORLD!! Lots of meat, great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This small sub shop has been around for a long time. No seats. Just lines out the door, for the best jam packed sub ever. Lots of variety, foot long only, full of meat and fixings. Hot or Cold, the subs are fantastic. I love the Hot chicken sub with provolone and lots of fixings. They have so many choices its hard to choose. I've been going to this shop for over 30 yrs. I have always had a great experience, great food, great service. Its definitely worth the wait when they're busy! Best tasting subs, steak, chicken, roast beef, turkey, ham, hamburger, and even some breakfast subs!! You will never find another sub shop like this!! We don't miss Florida, but we do miss HUNGRY BEAR SUBS....thankfully we go back every time we're in Miami!! LOVE IT!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
“Worth the wait.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

You might have to wait in a line that goes out the door, abeit of a very small subshop, but it's most definitely worth it. I have never been dissapointed and we've been going there for years. A close friend received an incorrectly made sub on two occassions, but considering we've been ordering from there regularly for over 10 years, I would say that's pretty good. We're very happy that they took down the "No Refills" sign! Thanks Hungry Bear!

One complaint: We wish they were open later...they close at 8 pm Mon-Sat, and at 6 pm (I think) on Sundays.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great subs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

After a long work day, a group of us sent a list of subs along with a co- worker. The subs were not all made correctly. They were heart and good but preparers need to read correctly.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Always great subs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011 via mobile

People from the area all know about this hidden gem for great subs. Kids go away to college and dream about coming home for a Hungry Bear sub

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Savannah, Georgia
“THE BEST SUB SHOP IN FLORIDA!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My friend took me here on spring break in college. This place is fantastic! Every time I am in the vicinity, I have to go. The steak subs are out of this world. I had a chicken sub once and it was ok, but nowhere near as good as the teriyaki steak sub! They do not have any seating, except for outside. Take it to go and enjoy!

• Visited February 2011