“Worth the wait.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 26 Restaurants in Kendall
“Worth the wait.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

You might have to wait in a line that goes out the door, abeit of a very small subshop, but it's most definitely worth it. I have never been dissapointed and we've been going there for years. A close friend received an incorrectly made sub on two occassions, but considering we've been ordering from there regularly for over 10 years, I would say that's pretty good. We're very happy that they took down the "No Refills" sign! Thanks Hungry Bear!

One complaint: We wish they were open later...they close at 8 pm Mon-Sat, and at 6 pm (I think) on Sundays.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
“Great subs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

After a long work day, a group of us sent a list of subs along with a co- worker. The subs were not all made correctly. They were heart and good but preparers need to read correctly.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Always great subs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011 via mobile

People from the area all know about this hidden gem for great subs. Kids go away to college and dream about coming home for a Hungry Bear sub

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Savannah, Georgia
“THE BEST SUB SHOP IN FLORIDA!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My friend took me here on spring break in college. This place is fantastic! Every time I am in the vicinity, I have to go. The steak subs are out of this world. I had a chicken sub once and it was ok, but nowhere near as good as the teriyaki steak sub! They do not have any seating, except for outside. Take it to go and enjoy!

• Visited February 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“They make the subs to order. The service is quick and friendly. The only thing I don't like is after you leave you...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

They make the subs to order. The service is quick and friendly. The only thing I don't like is after you leave you smell like cooked food.