“It's a LaQuinta now!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Jupiter
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Fisherman's Wharf, Jupiter, FL 33477   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Jupiter
Norton, Ma.
“It's a LaQuinta now!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

After reading all the negative reviews, I felt very uneasy about my booking at the La Quinta inn in Jupiter. I emailed the hotel about the bad reviews and they assured me that I would be pleased with all the updates and THEY WERE RIGHT!! Yes, they might need some paint touch ups here and there but they are 90% finished from changing over from the Wellesly Inn to the new La Quinta Inn & Suites. The room #326 that we stayed in was great, complete with a mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean and I loved the pulsating showerhead and rounded curtain rod. The beds were comfortable and the a/c just cooled the room perfectly. The continental breakfast was great with its choice of cereals, beverages, pastries, french toast, english muffins and more. They have free internet service provided for all the guests which was great if you needed to check your email or search for things to do or directions for the surrounding area. The employees of the La Quinta were SOOOOO friendly!!!!! My husband and I and our 12yr. old daughter plan on coming back here next year!!!! There are restaurants all around in walking distance and Jupiter Beach is about a mile away and is gorgeous!!!!! Trust me, you won't be disappointed with this hotel!!!!

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ewing, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

Spent six nights while visiting family in Jupiter. They had the best rate and offered mini-suite with second dresser, second TV and pull out sofa. Hotel has a way to go as the renovation from Wellsley to LaQuinta continues. Room was adequate. We had several problems during the first day (door lock didn't work and had to be replaced, blinds weren't centered on window, mini-fridge defrosted water all over the carpet). Manager (DJ) and his staff were responsive, pleasant and highly professional. Only problem never resolved was that the satellite TV didn't get all channels advertised. Hotel was clean, continental breakfast was fine for this level of hotel. The facilities are run down...elevator broke during our stay but was quickly fixed. These little things add up and I would reserve final judgement until renovations are complete. For now, enjoy the fine staff and do your best to overlook the problems with facility.

• Stayed April 2006
Bonita Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

I realize that the property in Jupiter Florida is in transition to becoming a La Qunita but it is JUST AWFUL. FIRST, there is no signage on the hotel indicating it's a La Quinta. We wandered around and around because we saw one paper sign on the road that we were in the right place but we couldn't find the property. It still had its old name, Wellesly Inn. THAT should be covered up.

I finally called to ask where the property was, explaining where I was. The person who answered said, "Well, we're right here." I asked where "here" was and she said down the lane. I drove around again, still with no luck. On my second call, I told her I simply couldn't see it. I mentioned that all I could find was a Wellesly Inn. She said, "Well, that's it." She never once mentioned on her own that the signage was incorrect.

The hotel is terribly run down. Our friends had to change rooms three times before they could find one that worked. The beds were old; the furniture cheap; the rooms smelled. The hallways were in disrepair. There was water on the floor lobby and in the elevator.

If this were our only experience, we would never stay at a La Quinta again. Luckily, we love the La Quinta in Macon, GA and will continue to stay there on a many trips to and from Missouri and Florida.

Stayed March 2006
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2006

Very comfortable hotel and great location. Lots of pillows on a comfortable king bed. Looks to be recently renovated.

• Stayed February 2006
Fort Worth, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2005

As there was a hotel shortage in the Jupiter area during Thanksgiving, we decided to give the Wellesley Inn a try. After reading all the negative reports about dirty, smelly rooms and rude hotel staff, we clenched our teeth and braced ourselves for the worst hotel experience - ever!!!
During check-in, the staff was friendly. The Manager was a riot with a great sense of humor....necessary judging by a group of loud speaking and demanding guests gathered in the Lobby - [who might have had a better Thanksgiving had they checked "the attitude" in the parking lot].
It appears that after a pre-registration viewing of the hotel, these guests maintained that their whole Thanksgiving Holiday stood to be ruined because the Elevator and some parts of the hotel hallways were "full of dust". The Manager explained the dust was from renovation work. These guests didn't like the explanation and, before storming out of the Lobby, threatened to make a bad report about the "filthy conditions" of the hotel on this Site.

Meanwhile, in spite of all the drama, we checked in. Our room was fine....clean and spacious with two TV's, a refrigerator and a microwave. The complimentary breakfast was equal to or even better than most chain hotels. I would have liked to have had larger coffee cups and stronger coffee on the Breakfast Buffet - but that is the only thing I can criticize.
So....I would say "stay at this Hotel and enjoy the lovely town of Jupiter"

• Stayed November 2005
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

We booked our room online and arrived at the hotel one hour before the hotels check in time. There was a mattress and frame on the wall across from the elevator. This is not the first thing I like to see. The elevator seemed to be on its last leg;making loud noises as it ascended. As soon as we walked out of the elevator the smell hit us. It reeked of cigarettes. I looked and there were no smoking signs on the room doors toward our room so I assumed it may have been a smoking area at one time. We walked into our room to find the smell was not any better and the floor around the bed was soaking wet. If you jumped on the carpet, water actually splashed. As we walked back to the elevator, we noticed an ashtray full of cigarette butts to the right on the elevator. Down the other hall were smoking rooms. Smoking and non smoking on the same floor! We walked to the front desk and cancelled our stay. The attendant made no attempt to place us in another room (not that I would). She simply checked us out; no apology.
We were out $90+ because we cancelled upon the arrival time. How was I supposed to know the condition of the hotel, four hours prior to arrival to make the cancellation!

• Stayed June 2005
miami, florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2005

I too was scared to stay here because of the reviews. I booked here because of the great rates listed. I could not find anything in the area at the time under $200. Well, I boked a King room with a pull out sleeper and I expected a crowded room for myself and my daughters. I was suprised to find a spacious suite with a refrigerator and microwave included. There were 2 televisions so that both sections had it's own TV. I must admit that they channel choices were limited though. The staff was friendly and the place was clean. I had a non-smoking room and although the room did not smell, the hallway on the second floor was DISGUSTING!!! They need to clean the air in the hallway because the smell of cigarette smoke is overwhelming. The breakfast is the basic cereal, danish and such. The location is nice and safe. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are huge, the place is clean and if I am in the area again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Jupiter? Share your experiences!