“rude, immature, poor customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #154 of 191 Restaurants in Jupiter
Jupiter, Florida
“rude, immature, poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Order was delivered incomplete. Called to ask about missing items and they said they were out of it.…I asked why they didn't let me know before the order was delivered and they hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak with owner and he hung up on me. I tried calling back and they wouldn't answer, I assume they saw my number on caller i.d. If this is how they choose to run a business in Jupiter they should be ashamed of their mediocre food and poor customer service. I wouldn't give Hong Kong Cafe any stars and will NEVER order again after years of satisfied patronage. We never had any issues with food quality or customer service with the previous owners.

Visited March 2014

Jupiter, FL
“Pretty Good Takeout!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have found the Hong Kong Cafe to have pretty good takeout for Jupiter Florida standards. If no delivery personnel are on hand the owner/chef will answer the phone or take your order over the phone. I find the Mongolian Beef probably the best in Jupiter and it is always tender enough and spicy to your liking. Having tried the three other Chinese places along Indiantown Road, I would say that this one is the best!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Florida, Florida
“OK Chinese Take-out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

In my continuing journey for good Chinese take-out in Jupiter I found Hong Kong Cafe (not to be confused with Hong Kong Wok 'n Grill in Jupiter). The place is typical, very spartan, poorly painted, with three or four restaurant chairs and no tables. Frankly, it's not too inviting. But, hey it's a take-out joint. If my wife was with me she would have walked right out. I ordered from the lunch combo menu. The counter guy was the cook as well. I had the chicken with garlic sauce and pork fried rice. The meal comes with a can of soda or an eggroll, I chose the eggroll. The meal was alright. My first observation was that, unlike many of the take-out places that I visited in my life, the portions were smaller. The styrofoam box was the same size, just filled with less food. The flavor of the dish was good but the chicken was a little tough. The rice and eggroll were just standard. To be fair I'll have to go back and try something else. I guess I'll continue my quest for really good take-out.

• Visited July 2013