“Awful coffee” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Rochester, New York
“Awful coffee”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Besides having watered down coffee the food was terrible and pricey for what you get.

I was yelled at by the owner for bringing in my own coffee but after tasting my partners coffee I was glad I did.

Terrible atmosphere nasty owner bad food expensive and awful coffee. Won't be back. Oh, and they don't have any signs telling you it's cash only. You learn that at the end. Scam. Stay away.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rick B, Owner at Royal Cafe Family Restaurant, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Staber,

Sorry you did not enjoy your experience at the Royal Cafe. As a policy by the Health department outside food and drink is generally not allowed. However I have never "yelled" at any patron for bringing in an outside beverage, thus if someone in my employment did then I apologize for them.

As for the"Cash Only" I do have signs located in the front windows and on all pages of the menu. I only add this for clarification for future travelers who read this review. I realize that not taking credit cards can be an imposition, so I do accept checks, and have an ATM on the premise that is purely for customer convenience since I do not own or operate the machine.

Regards

Rick (Owner The Royal Cafe)

Texas
“Royal cafe never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Spent a week in jupiter fl and ate most of our breakfast meals at the RC. we have made this great diner a regular stop during our visits. The food has always been delicious. The service is great and everyone is so friendly.

South China, Maine
“What breakfast is meant to be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We do breakfast here every time we visit Jupiter. Service is prompt, omelet choices are up to whatever you'd like and the eggs are cooked perfectly. The corned beef hash is terrific!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jupiter, Florida
“Scam Artist!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you weren't informed before your meal, this place ONLY takes CASH! If you don't have cash, the owner has his OWN ATM machine in the back that charges you an extra $2 to withdraw money. The food wasn't that great either. I ordered the thick french toast and was disappointed. It had a weird taste and was not thick at all! Good luck if you eat here!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
new york
“Wonderful breakfast spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Great service with fantastic food. Warm, friendly atmosphere with fast service. Breakfast was the best ! Highly recommend this cafe.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere