“Not happy with the drink prices” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 191 Restaurants in Jupiter
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Blvd
Jupiter, Fl
“Not happy with the drink prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been coming here since it was the Wine Bar. Food is very good Tonight I went with my girlfriend and had drinks. I had two house vodka and club sodas, I revive a bill for 22.00. Kee Grill and the Capitol Grill doesn't charge that much. Why would you?? I feel
11.00 for house liquor is taking advantage of us people that live in the area. just because we have money doesn't mean we don't care.

Visited April 2013
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I'm afraid whatever you were charged for it was not House Vodka. The prices you are quoting are incorrect, Our House Vodka is $8 our second tier is $9 and our Super Premium is $10 and at Happy Hour 4.30-6.30 every day and that translates to $4, $6 and $8 and we even give 20% off all drinks at the restaurant tables prior to 6.15pm 7 days a week. Obviously there is no vodka mixed drink that is $11 at anytime or any day, so please make contact with me either by email at thebistrojupiter@msn.com or my cell is 561-373-7723 so we can clear up what you were charged, and of course we care what people think, and we are very aware that no matter how much money people have they also care what they are charged.

Marshfield
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It seemed like everyone had reservations for 6 pm and they all arrived at once. The hostess area was jammed, and there was a lot of confusion on how people were seated. The hostess could not serve people on a first-come, first-served basis since the Manager took over and began seating people randomly. This upset many of us and was not a good initial experience.

What saved the evening was the delicious food and the outstanding waitresss. She was very efficient and had a great personality. And the coffee was the best!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Easter was exceptionally busy and 6pm was the most popular time to dine, so I am sure it was pretty jammed at the reception area. So Happy that you enjoyed the overall experience.
NY
“" The Bestro "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to this place on Friday about 8pm with out a reservation. The place was very busy. Liam the Matrade is a charming older gentleman sat us at a high top table in the bar. Surrounding would be casual elegance. Linen table cloth and napkins.Cool plates The room has a lot of buzz. I had a braised pork shank for an appetizer on the bone "Frenched " about 4oz it had a glaze and some dipping sauce. Tender and delicious. For on entree I had a Veal Rollitini that was the best I ever had. It was served over pasta. We had attentive but not intrusive service. The owner Decklin came over to make sure everything was satisfactory and made some pleasant conversation. We had a larger group next to us loud but not offensive and before the night was over there was actually some singing like in a real Irish Pub.

I like this place so much I came back Saturday night as a group of 8 and sat in the dinning room. The 3 of us who were there the night before loved the meal so much the first night we ordered the same again AND it came out just as good. Dining room is a bit more refined { no signing } but we had coffee that night. Best coffee anywhere it is made to order. They are not giving away the food but you are getting what your paying for.

To wrap it up I went with my family and friends there for St Patrick's Day and sat in there outdoor dinning room where they had live music. There is also an outside Bar. Three night in a row and not a negative thing I can say. When I go back to Fl I will make sure I stop in for at least one meal

As a final note I ate at Cafe Baloud in Palm Beach the first night in town. It was a lot more expensive and not as good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Many Many Thanks for your kind words!!
“This place was hopping on St. Patrick's Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have frequented the Bistro a number of times and the food is good. The service is excellent. Freddy, the Maitre 'D, always takes care of his customers. He is the best in the business. Outdoor seating is available. The food is good and there is a decent bar scene. The prices may be a bit high but this is Florida and this restaurant is always busy and usually hopping.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for your patronage and your kind words!!
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Pathetic.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went with a family of 5 with a groupon that we purchased good for $60 worth of food for $30. I have NEVER felt so un-welcomed in a restaurant in my life. From the second the pretentious waitress saw our groupon we were treated as second class citizens. This overall feel was reinforced by the equally as snooty owner that seemed to care-less when informed that the lamb shank was 95% fat & grizzle. When the bill came we gave our groupon along with a card to pay for the meal, not only did the waitress add a gratitude to a party size that did not warrant this action, but then explained that this was groupon's "policy." After close examination of the groupon, of course, no policy was in fact true. The food could be the best food in the entire world, and you would NEVER be able to even pay me to return to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Sorry you had an unpleasant experience. I believe you have mistaken our Maitre D , Liam with me Declan the owner as I had no conversation with anyone about a fatty lamb shank. There is a policy in place with Local Dines and Charity Dines regarding gratuity being added and I believe it was a simple misunderstanding by the waitress, that it was in place on Groupon. It used to be, and I am not quite sure when and why it changed. I called our representative for Groupon to discuss it and was unsuccessful on several occasions in making contact. It is not our intention to alienate customers or offend anyone. Sometimes explaining the restrictions in place when using an already discounted coupon seems to offend, when all we we are really trying to do is to avoid any miscommunication.