“Good Food, but will overcharge you!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 178 Restaurants in Jupiter
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Good Food, but will overcharge you!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been eating at the Jupiter Beach Resort for the past couple of years. Just recently, I noticed they are over charging their customers. I ordered two mahi-mahi sandwiches, fish taco, two strawberry daiquiris, and two rum runners. As usual, everything tasted excellent!
But when the bill came, I was very disappointed. Our waiter never took our menus, so they were still on the table when the bill came. I was charged $14 for each mahi-mahi sandwich, when the menu listed $13. I was also charged $9.50 for each rum runner when the menu listed $8.75.
When I brought this to the waiter's attention, he said yeah, I know, the menu doesn't show the correct prices. He also stated that its been like this for a while and many people are complaining. Although I was only over charged a few dollars, it's the principle of "nickel and dimming" (as the waiter put it) or just overcharging that bothered me. The waiter didn't even offer to correct the amounts, so I paid the full overcharged amount.

Too make a long story short, the food is very good but they will overcharge you.
I would like to return to the restaurant but after this incident with poor business practices, I may not.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Deltona, Fl
“Excellent dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had called earlier in the day for reservations & got an answering machine. I called a different number & made my reservation for that evening, although I was told reservations probably weren't needed that particular evening. Evidently they are extremely busy when there is something at the local playhouse, so you might want to check what is happening at the Maltz when planning. As soon as I hung up, I received a call-back from the message I had left. I was impressed with that service.
Sinclair's is located inside the main reservation area of the resort. I read that it has recently been updated & we thought it to be classy. Although most of the very few diners that evening were dressed in casual business, since it is still a resort, we did see some in shorts/golf attire. It was evening & the view outside was of the pool, but the pictures of the beach view looks inviting on warmer, dryer days or nights.
Our server Rhonda was terrific, always attentive without hovering. She suggested a wine not on the list & gave us a sample of the Merlot & the Cab. We choose the Cab at a very reasonable price, which was offered up front. This is so nice, as we hate BIG surprises on the bill. I enjoyed a lovely & tasty baby arugula & hubby had the Caesar with anchovies on the side. Again, Rhonda suggested them on the side for hubby since he was unsure he wanted any at all. Turns out, he did enjoy some. Salads are a la carte. This was served with warm bread with 2 tasty spreads. I ordered the black grouper that was wonderfully prepared. It was a large portion sitting on garlic mashed potatoes & a side of fresh al dente' veggies. Hubby ordered the Tagliatelle di Mare, which is a spinach noodle with pesto, scallops, mussels, & shrimp. We were amazed at the amount of seafood, especially the large perfect scallops! As we were finishing our wine, Rhonda appeared & noticed I was giving hubby a birthday card & she asked if we were celebrating. With that, she told us to pick any the desert item & we choose a wonderful key lime pie to-go. We used a Restaurant.com coupon with no problems.
Kudos's to Rhonda & the Chef, who made this night extra special!

• Visited February 2013
Jupiter, Florida, United States
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A beautiful restaurant in a lovely setting. I took my dauthter and a friend out to dinner here yesterday evening. The new decor is stunning. The service was superb. I ordered a bottle of white wine and when it arrived at the table, the cork broke, so they brought another bottle. Same thing. They felt that the wine may have been stored improperly and they offered me a more expensive wine at no additonal charge. I ordered a lettuce wedge for a salad. When it came to the table, I could not believe how huge it was. There were two lettuce head quarters. It was delicious, but I only ate half as I did not want to spoil my dinner. For dinner, my friend and I both ordered the sesame seared tuna and my duaghter ordered the mahi-mahi. All excellent. For desert my duaghter ordered the key lime pie. I had a taste, of course, and it was one of the best pieces of key lime pie I had ever tasted. The food was great and the service was perfect. Now that they have remodeled the restaurant, I will certainly return more often.

• Visited February 2013
Jupiter, Florida
“Currently Updated - Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have gone to this restaurant over the years for special occasions. The food was always good but the decor was a little dated. In fact, whenever we went it was never crowded because I don't think people really thought about it. Well, recently they went under a renovation and this place is gorgeous!!! Its very romantic, sophisticated, elegant.... It now matches the rest of the hotel! And the food is fabulous! I've never had a bad meal there. Its a little pricey but for a special occasion its well worth it! They also have made it more of of a wine bar with music on the weekends. And then a stroll on the beach can top off your evening!!

• Visited January 2013
Tequesta, Florida
“Gorgeous New Decor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Let me clarify by saying I have not yet had a meal here but did stop in for a glass of wine & the place is stunning. It was all just done over in the past few months and it has to be the most lovely bar & restaurant in the entire area! I will return soon for a meal!

Visited January 2013