“Worth Coming Back To” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
The Villages, Florida
“Worth Coming Back To”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The evening mgr at our hotel said Schooner's was her favorite restaurant. After one visit we understand why. The outside atmosphere is festive, the waitstaff friendly and attentive. My lady had a salad and very tasty salmon quesadilla's while I chose a blackened dolphin bits dinner. Everything was very good and the prices were very reasonable, something you can't say about that number 1 restaurant. According to our waitress, the owner was in the kitchen cooking that evening and it feels like a place where ownership cares.
Then to top it all off, we ate early enough to catch happy hour. How can you beat Stella Artois for a buck? When in the Jupiter area again, we'll definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Glad We Stopped In!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I spent this past Labor Day weekend down in Jupiter, FL and stumbled upon this place after searching for a local seafood joint. (We weren't interested in the corporate chains that were a block over on US 1.) We ended up liking it so much that we did something we rarely do - we dined at this same restaurant two days in a row!

On our first visit, we had the fried conch fritter appetizer ($8.95). I can't remember how many came on the plate (I think there were 6 to 8 of them) but the portion size was generous. These tasty golden nuggets were like hush puppies filled with bits of conch and chopped veggies. The dipping sauces complimented the fritters nicely.

There was a chalkboard boasting dozens of off-the-menu specials. My husband had the fried grouper sandwich. The panko crusted fish was perfectly done and delicious. It was topped with bacon and cheese, which was good but not really necessary given that the fish could definitely stand on its own merits. The sandwich came with a side of fries.

I had a crab salad inside a halved avocado. And yes, it was as yummy as it sounds. The crab salad was heavy on the crab meat. (No filler was added.) I liked the accompanying avocado and salad greens. It satisfied my seafood craving and satsified my hunger without being too heavy.

On our second visit, we had the smoked fish dip appetizer (8.95). Although the name sounds strange, it was one of the best appetizers we've had. The dip is more of a thick, creamy mayonaise based spread that came with assorted crackers.

My husband chose the mixed seafood grill as his entree which included blackened portions of dolphin, fish of the day and skewered shrimp over a bed of rice pilaf. Very enjoyable.

I forgot the name of my dish but it was a calabasa based soup with tons of seafood in it - fish, clams, mussels, shrimp, etc. in a huge bowl. Two slices of toasty garlic bread came with it. It was my favorite dish of the entire weekend.

Service here was extremely vigilant and very friendly. Our waitress Mindy was helpful and pleasant. Even the other servers and bus boys made sure our glasses were never empty.

I'm not sure why there weren't that many guests here for lunch on the holiday weekend. Seems like most of them were across the street at Guanaba's. But that was fine with us. We'll definitely be back to Schooner's next time we are in Jupiter!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jupiter, Florida
“Always a good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I especially love the eggs Benedict on Sunday mornings. Other days, the blackened dolphin Caesar is deleicious

• Visited August 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Casual Seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice variety of seafood and varied menu along with daily specials. I have been several times and like the food but have had a mixed bag with service.

• Visited May 2013
Flower Mound, Texas
“Schooners in Jupiter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Food and service was great! Justine was our waitress and did a great job! We were sad they had run out of the special fish of the day, but it was mid-evening when we arrived. Portions are HUGE, and incredibly delicious! We visit this area 1-2 times per year and will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2013