“Unique combinations” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
florida
“Unique combinations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Food Shack offers interesting fresh seafood treats that remain our favorites. Their sweet potato crusted grilled dolphin or grouper salad is wonderful and tuna appetizers outstanding. You will think you've arrived in Key West with funky artwork/decor.

• Visited July 2013

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great meal! Fun atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Trip Advisor didn't let me down! I am in FL for 3 weeks for business and looking for a place to eat after a spending the morning at the beach. Trip Advisor rated Food Shack #1 in Jupiter, FL. Set back in a strip mall, it was a little hard to find, but persistence paid off. The people waiting outside was my first indication that this place was worth waiting for a table. Small place, probably seats about 50 people max, fun decor, and funky music rockin' the place. I had the sweet potato crusted wahoo served over a bed of greens. To die for. Best seafood I've had during my trip so far. Will definitely go back several times during my stay.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed with dessert :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a place we frequent for the dessert as much as the seafood. On a recent visit were surprised to learn that the "warm" creme brulee cheesecake is now served cold. No warning; it simply arrived cold. After waiting ten min for our server to come by, I voiced my dissatisfaction with the temperature of the dessert. He was quite cavalier but finally agreed to "warm" the dessert which was returned still cold. After expressing my dissatisfaction he did not offer to return the item to the kitchen and remove from check. In fact the check had been served with dessert!! He did eventually sent someone of some unknown authority to our table who was equally as cavalier. She said "yes, we've changed the way we prepare and serve dessert" and she added that they are now able to serve dessert a lot faster because no time is needed to prepare it warm (which in my mind means they get to turn the table over sooner possibly at the expense of customer satisfaction??) After expressing my dissatisfaction she left our table without offering any solution or correction. After four years of loyal patronage I left with a very different impression of Leftovers based almost entirely on the failure of staff to recognize a situation which needed more than lip service!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great seafood stew' - best I have had. Busy, even on weeknight.book ahead. Bar with good music next door but attached. You can eat at bar. Service was mixed, but friendly, but vbusy so understandable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mooresville, North Carolina
“An Absolutly Delicous Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Food Shack makes some of the best fish I have ever eaten. The Tuna Basil Roll and the Sweet Potato Crusted TripleTail was superb! The restaurant is very small and can be loud and resembles a surf joint more then an upscale restaurant, but the food is elegantly presented and absolutely delicious!

• Visited May 2013