“Menu needs an update” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Menu needs an update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The food is always good here and the service friendly but it would be nice if they updated their menu once in a while. Yes they do have one or two specials each day but the menu seems to have remained the same for several years. Good stuff, but the same. To me the atmosphere is not what it once was being as the music that is played does not go along with the theme/decor of the restaurant. It has always been our 'go to' restaurant when we wanted a nice meal in a relaxing and unique atmosphere. A great place to take friends when they are visiting that is not one of the typical chain restaurants. I don't think of Tabica Grill as being a sports bar but maybe that is the direction they are going in now. Don't get me wrong, we will still visit Tabica as I have never had a disappointing meal. PS the Apple Cobbler and Key Lime Dagwood are the best.

Visited May 2013

“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Diner type food pretending to be something more. Service is better than the food. Most things are overcooked due to a lack of attention to detail. Strange menu. Prices have recently gone up (too much for this quality). Beat furniture.

Visited January 2013
Juno Beach, Florida
“I've tried it lots”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Its just so so, I've never been happy with the food here, lovely place though and good vibes. Will probably come again I've not had terrible food either.

Visited April 2013
“Lousy service with average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I just left this restaurant after dining there with my husband & mother on Mother's Day. Our waiter had absolutely no personality. As soon as we said we didn't want anything from the bar, no other drinks were offered except water. The menu included the Early Dinner items and no where on the menu did it say that you couldn't order off the early menu on holidays. When our waiter returned to our table 10 minutes later, he told us we couldn't order from the Early Dinner menu because it was a holiday. We chose our dinners & the food was decent. When we received our check, we included a gift certificate and a credit card for the remainder. The waiter returned to our table & told us he couldn't take a gift certificate on a holiday & that he had already asked his manager who confirmed. Are you kidding me??!! No where on the gift certificate did it say that. I will be giving my gift certificate away & will not be returning. Thanks for a not so great experience on Mother's Day.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jupiter, Florida
“Remarkable Food - Dreadful Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This has for years been one of my favorite restaurants. The food has always been spectacular and the service first-rate. But…

(C’mon, you knew there was a “but” coming.)

My husband and I dined here on a Saturday evening several weeks ago and received some of the most unprofessional and inattentive service either of us can ever recall. Even though adequately staffed with enough “bodies” (I call them bodies, because I can think of no other appropriate term), from beginning to end - from hostess greeting to dessert service, this tried-and-true Jupiter favorite has sunk to the bottom in dining service.

I will not bore the reader with a litany of our complaints (they are too many); suffice it to say, having once been in the restaurant and food service industry for more than 24 years, I have a keen eye on knowing how “the system works”, and will lay the lion’s share of poor service offenses on management. To be trained well is to work well.

The term TIPS means To Insure Proper Service. If management wants returning diners, and the waitstaff at Tabica Grill wishes to receive any more than the 18% gratuity automatically added to the bill, then TOGETHER they need to sharpen their game. The quality of exceptional service needs to mirror the quality of exceptional food.

My dilemma now is what to order…
TO GO.