“what happened?” 1 of 5 stars

Cross street: Between S Hepburn Ave and S Orange Ave
West Hartford, Connecticut
“what happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went back to Sharkbite Grille, apparently it's under new management....from what I saw no management at all. Not sure why the decor was changed but it's definitely a step downward. Food quality poor....whose running the place??? wakeup!!! I want to go back to the place I was at a month ago, looks like I'll be looking for a new restaurant

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

West Hartford, Connecticut
“I disagree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was at the Sharkbite Grill on a Sunday night that Big Vince & the Phat Cats were playing outside on the patio. The band and the atmoshere was great. I had no problems being served and the food was excellent. And my expierence with the waitstaff was very positive, it was very busy but I din't wait for a drink or food.I'm not sure what the previous comment about boobs and butts is all about...the girls were wearing tank tops & shorts...but what should they be wearing? It's Florida...turtlenecks & long pants? My night there was enjoyable enough that I went back a few days later, mid afternoon, it wasn't busy and I found the service again to be very good. The owner (actually both owners) came over and asked how everything was. I found them to be very accomodating & pleasant. From my expierence I'm thinking that the previous problems mentioned have been addressed and corrected. Not only when I get back to FL will I go there but would also recommend it to friends

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Get a new owner and better service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

To walk in and see the hostess and servers on their phones was already a turn off to the restaurant. Once we sat our server took forever to come over and once she did I could tell she was on some type of drugs. She looked as though she was on crack or something and didn't want to be bothered with us. I'm sorry but if people who are going to tip you are a bother get another job. Her clothes were very offensive. I don't go to a "family restaurant" to see girls walking around with their boobs popping out and butt cheeks hanging out of their shorts. The owner of all was the worst. He's hugging all over the servers for everyone to see. He could careless about his guest since he didn't even come over to see how our experience was going. The food was good the captain crunch chicken, and brownie sundae. I don't plan on going back unless the owner gets a hold over his restaurant and starts to act like a actual owner, and unless he fires some of the staff members.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Put some clothes on and learn how to wait tables.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

I've been here three times. I love the fish dip and the food is pretty good. Love $2 land sharks. Everytime I have sat outside. I've read all the other reviews and for the most part I can agree. A bar crowd is usually kinda rowdy but it's a fun environment never seen anything I wouldn't have my niece around. Minus the servers. I'm 23 and to be honest they dress so inappropriate. I planned on telling the owner but he seemed like he enjoyed it and like he wouldn't really care what my family thought. We went to see a band and they were bouncing around out side booty shaking. To be honest anyone besides young men and creepy old guys would enjoy that. Literally their butt cheeks hang out the bottom of their shorts. They don't know how to wait tables and they are just there to look cute. I went to the restroom and two were in there booty dancing, giggling, and facebooking. They are there to make money and wait tables not anything they seem to be concerned with doing. Get some servers and bartenders that look old enough to serve let alone drink a beer or smoke a cigeratte.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Worst restaurant experience ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I don't know where to begin. I don't know how a restaurant could fail on so many levels. I don't know which was worse, the service or the food. Let start with the service. Our waitress was young and perky which we thought was cute at first. It soon turned to anoyance. She'd flit by our table and say something cute....but when we needed her she was never around. I asked her for lemons and after 10 minutes I had to get her attention to ask her again.....after another 5 minutes my friend went up to the bar to get them for me. The food took forever......at least 45 minutes or more. when it was first put down it looked like it was going to be pretty good. Then we started trying to eat it. My friend had the seared tuna salad. there were only a few pieces of meat that were edible.....most of the tuna was very sinewy and could not be cut or chewed. My food wasn't much better. I had their "drunken shrimp". It came served in hot broth and the shrimp were still in their shell. You had to put your fingers into scalding lquid, pull out a shrimp and peel it...all the while burning your fingers. After all of that...the shrimp had very little taste. I've never heard of serving hot shrimp you had to peel!!! When we were finally able to get the owner over to the table to tell him how unhappy we were, he never offered to try to make it right. We found that extremely unprofessional. Don't waste your money. We left felling really ripped off.

• Visited August 2012