“Great place to kayak, hike, bike” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Attractions in Jupiter
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
“Great place to kayak, hike, bike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Kayaking the Loxahatchee in either direction is always an adventure. If renting from the park concession, look for the peacock who stalks the parking lot. Bike trails are well cared for. Good signage throughout the park.

Visited November 2013

Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, healthy way to spend a few hours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Riverbend is a fantastic, healthy and truly beautiful way to spend a few hours.

During the usually leisurely paddle, you will find yourself under a gorgeous canopy of native flora. On our last trip, we saw many examples of fish, turtles and alligators.

Beware that when the stream is running faster than normal, the return trip up-stream can be challenging.

Visited December 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“Beautiful trails, but hardly any wildlife or birds. Very easy to get lost with not much guidance.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I made the mistake of trying Riverbend Park in Jupiter, FL for the first time by myself. I would not recommend ever going there by yourself. I got lost. Did not run into any other people on the trails and there was no one around to ask for directions. They have maps throughout the trails, but they were not helpful and I was scared. It does give you the feeling of being in Florida (the way it used to be).The only wildlife that I saw were 2 ospreys that were on huge trees viewable from the road. I did some research before I went and saw photos of wild turkeys, sandhill cranes, swallow-tail kite, deer, ospreys and hawks but only saw the ospreys, I admit that I didn't go early in the morning and was walking around 1:00 in the afternoon but there needs to be much more direction and assistance there. It is beautiful, but I suggest going with a group of friends orwith an Audubon Society that has a nature guide. Never go alone.,

Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
47 attraction reviews
“Unexpected Lovely Park!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were wondering what to do with our free Saturday morning (so glad we came here). The weather had changed and it was finally getting cool in Florida. We have so many beautiful parks and beaches the selection seemed endless, but we were looking for some place close by. I had heard of Riverbend Park, so we decided to go and check it out.
Sometime life gives you a bit of hardships, and we find that getting in touch with nature does us so much good. This park was wonderful, so many beautiful birds, the most wonderful woodpeckers that I have ever seen. We saw gators, and many other kinds of birds. We also saw beautiful horses; some nice ladies were taking a ride and stopped to cool them off at the river’s edge. She said she was riding a Paint quarter horse, what beautiful animals.
The park has a river that many take advantage of by kayaking or canoeing on it. It seems to wind around the park. There was such a nice breeze as we walked under the trees to try to get pictures of some of the birds, trees and plants. It really is a very special place.
It’s incredible that such a wonderful wild place could be right here so close to the city. There were many shaded areas, were you could have a picnic under the trees, or perhaps you can have a nice BBQ and have your lunch under the many picnic pavilions available without reservations.
This beautiful quiet park was such a wonderful experience. We will definitely come back soon with other family members and enjoy a BBQ. “Friends and nature it does not get better than this”.
BWT there are many trail many under shaded areas, other not so much so the earlier you go the better. All seemed wheelchair accessible, only port a potties available. No fee to enter park.

Visited October 2013
Jupiter, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Beautiful place, nice trails +”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The canoe or kayak trip is a must do. It's one of the last wild rivers without development encroachment left in Florida. The only negative is that I can't take my dog while I jog there. No dogs allowed. Too bad as he's well behaved on a leash.

Visited October 2013

Been to Riverbend Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Riverbend Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.