“Some great dives over the past few months” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 31 Activities in Jupiter
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Jupiter Dive Center is the only full service dive center in Jupiter, our boats are docked only steps away from our shop, it is as simple as park check-in and go diving. We have a well stocked retail shop and a repair center on site so that we can accommodate all of your needs, We do 2 tank drift dives everyday and are open from 8am to 6pm 7 days a week.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Jupiter, Florida
19 attraction reviews
“Some great dives over the past few months”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've been out with Jupiter Dive Center several times over the past few months (maybe 12 dives total) and have had a great experience on each trip. Sites included Area 51, Tunnels, Scarface, Spadefish, Bluffs, and a couple others I don't recall the name of.

The two captains have always been professional and provide good safety briefings on the way out. I've been in flat calm conditions and six foot seas and they both handle the boats well.

The predive briefings provided by the various dive guides is always top notch. Very clear about the sites, the characteristics of the reefs, the marine life likely to be encountered, how to get back to the reef ledge if divers are blown off in the current, the dive times for air divers and nitrox divers, etc. The dive guides also do a nice job of pointing out interesting things underwater (anything from tiny flamingo tongues to moderate sized eels to various sized sharks to massive goliath grouper)

The deck hands effectively have helped me and the other divers get back to their seats. The deck hands will take cameras, SMB's, etc. as well.

Diving in Jupiter can be somewhat advanced, so its not like diving a shallow reef in the Keys with no current and with a guide. Divers should be somewhat confident in their abilities and not be dependent on a dive guide to babysit.

I've also done some advanced training with Jupiter Dive Center and was more than satisfied. Have also purchased a few odds and ends, like a SMB's from the shop too.

I will be diving with this dive operator in the future!!!!

Visited June 2014

Orlando, Florida, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Great Dive Center!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am very pleased with Jupiter Dive Center crew! They are very well organized, great staff and just amazing dives. This is the place to go dive when you are in Jupiter. Jupiter Dive Center keep up the great job and I will definitely be back soon!!!

Visited June 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Best Drift Dive Ever.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had the opportunity to experience the BEST DRIFT DIVE EVER with the Jupiter Dive Center (JDC). Words can not truly express how beautiful these 2 dives were. % different types of sharks, 3 different Sea turtles, coral, reefs, fish, etc.

JDC has experienced dive masters and even in a heavy current, he guided us to see all sorts of amazing underwater sea life and reefs.

The boat was easy off and well as easy on which is one of the reasons we chose JDC.

wholeheartedly recommended to all.. A must visit Dive Center on the East Coast.

Visited April 2014
captGerald, Owner at Jupiter Dive Center, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you very much for the excellent review, we are glad you had a good time with the Jupiter Dive Center and hope you get the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Gerald Carroll
tampa
35 attraction reviews
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We tried to dive for two days, first day water was so rough we couldnt get out of the inlet, took a wonderful boat ride down the intercoastal out the southern inlet. Nice dive. Second day, got out but no visibility. We saw a leatherback turtle on the ride back. The shop was very accommodating. Especially when we arrived late, we forgot to set back our clocks OOPPS, they ran all our gear onto the boat and even saved us our favorite spots!

Visited March 2014
El Dorado, KS
15 attraction reviews
“Overall good experience, but could have been better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was a bit stressed when I arrived at the dive center the morning of my first dive. I had more of a drive than I realized and finding the dive center was a challenge.

The staff was friendly, but not helpful in answering questions. This was my first time diving in this area and when I was asking questions (nitrox vs air, etc...) I was made to feel like I was asking stupid questions. I also noticed that the divers who were in rental gear from the shop did were not provided any of the proper attachments for their gauges, octos, etc...

On the boat, the dive experience was good. The staff was very friendly and helpful and did a good job with briefings and setting expectations. The second day of diving, our boat was completely packed full (which I did not enjoy). We had a young man on that trip that did not have a buddy. No one bothered to make sure he had a buddy or even notice that he obviously hadn't been diving in awhile..........he was struggling getting his gear together properly. I think if the boat had been less crowded, maybe some of those things would have been noticed.

Overall, good diving experience, just a few suggestions for improvement.

Visited February 2014