What do you do in South Florida in August when your home air conditioning breaks? Check into a hotel, of course! We had been saying we wanted to try this close to home Key West style Holiday Inn Express for some time, so the opportunity presented itself a few weeks ago. We were not disappointed. The grounds are lovely, and the hotel is built on the old sand dunes. From our third floor suite with two balconies, we could see the ocean about a block in the distance. Looking west, you can see the Juno Beach Dune Natural Area. Our suite was nicely appointed with all the things you would expect. The bathroom was a little small, and we would have liked a slightly softer bed, but otherwise, we were very happy.
There are at least three restaurants within walking distance. We chose to eat at the Juno Beach Fish house, just downhill in the parking lot. Next time we plan to try Kee Grill directly across the street. After a great dinner, we walked the block to the beach access area. You enter this area of the beach by going down a paver walkway covered by a tunnel of sea grape trees. Since we were at the beach at dusk, we even hoped that we might see a mama sea turtle come up and lay her eggs in the sand. No such luck this night, but there are many identified turtle nests to testify that this is a popular nesting site. The Juno Beach Marine Life Center is a short distance from the hotel if you are interested in learning more about sea turtles. We certainly did enjoy just sitting in the sand enjoying the calm serenity of this pretty beach.
We had to get home quickly the next morning to get the new a/c installed, but we did enjoy the breakfast in the lobby. We were greeted by a gracious hostess, and the breakfast server was very attentive.
We definitely plan to go back to this nice "beachy" hotel. We like that you can park the car and walk to the beach and nice restaurants. All in all, it was a nice unplanned mini vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- $5 million dollar renovation including brand new guest rooms completed in May 2010. Hotel is located 400 steps from the beach. Every room has a mini refrigerator, microwave and working desk. Complimentary Hot Breakfast complete with our Signature Cinnamon Rolls, free high speed internet, free parking, fitness center and complimentary use of a full gym across the street. Tropically landscaped outdoor pool, Priority Club Rewards ® points. All rooms have balconies, pet friendly, 100% non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview Hotel Juno Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Juno Beach
- Holiday Inn Juno Beach
- Juno Beach Holiday Inn