“Good choice for the area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Juno Beach
Antwerp, Belgium
“Good choice for the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

After reading previous reviews it appears that we had the opportunity to book this HIEX at a competitive rate, which I found to be fair value considering the proximity of the beach... however, calling this property "a boutique oceanview resort" is somewhat over the top.

Altough the hotel is made up from several older buildings, it clearly shows the efforts that have been done to addapt the more contempory Holiday Inn Express style which being imlemented all over the brand. The (large) refurbished rooms have been given a cosy athmosphere and very comfortable beds, they all have private balconies. Unfortunately the groundfloor rooms in the so called "oceanview tower"-building either have their balconies directly open to the carpark or are inclosed with high vegetation on the garden side, we were given the latter and felt completely boxed in... for other guests I can understand this might be seen as an advantage for privacy.

Complimentary continental breakfast was the typical standard HIEX buffet items,nothing more, nothing less. Tables are available in two areas on both sides of the reception desk, we did not experience any problems or shortages while eating.

This hotel delivered everything we expect from a HIEX so we would return when in the area; we can honestly recommend this property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Juno Beach hotel.
Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated.
So glad that our location just steps from the beach worked out for your trip.

Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Efland, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is the best in the area. The service is great and the rooms are HUGE! There is a pretty good breakfast as far as hotel chain breakfasts go. The hotel is about a two minute walk to the beach. There is a very large pool in the center of the property. The Thirsty Turtle is a bar across the street which I became very fond of. $.25 wings during happy hour. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Juno Beach/Jupiter area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Susan D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

II was thrilled to read your glowing review from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Juno Beach.

We are so glad that our location just steps from the beach worked out perfectly for your vacation.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We were originally going to stay here for 5 nights, but had to check out after the 1st night because our door lock was broken. (You could open the door without a key). I noticed this problem when we were heading to lunch and the door wouldn't lock behind me. I went straight to the office at 1:30pm and they told me they'd send someone right up. Nobody came. 45 min later I called the office and asked if someone was coming. They said he came and then left because we had a do not disturb on the door, even though I was waiting for him. They asked if I wanted him to come up again, I said yes! I opened my door and waited for an hour he never came. Now it's after 3:00 pm my wife, kids, and myself are starving. So we had to pack up an check out just to eat lunch! I have never had to do this before! These people don't care about the customers or their safety! I was even told at checkout that the manager would call me the next day, but they never did! This hotel should not carry the Holiday Inn name.

• Stayed May 2013
Susan D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

As always, we appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experiences both with us and other travelers on Tripadvisor.com.
The stay described above falls short of the manner in which we strive to treat our guests. I am terribly sorry about any inconvenience and I am committed to restoring the perception you had of the Holiday Inn Express when you chose us for your visit.
I can only hope that you will consider returning to the hotel in the future, as we would love an opportunity to regain your confidence.
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

we were at this hotel a few years ago and it was a disaster, but we recently tried it again after the renovation and it was absolutely beautiful, the staff was great and the breakfasts were great, yes I would stay there again, the only thing is they are a bit pricey, the best western down the road is about 15.00 cheaper

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Susan D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We were thrilled to read your glowing review from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Juno Beach.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our delicious complimentary hot breakfast and our wonderful accommodations and amenities.
We appreciate your kind words regarding the staff at the hotel. We always appreciate the opportunity to recognize our associates for a job well done.
Everyone hopes it does not take to year to come back to our hotel again.
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is nice, updated appearance and clean room. The bed was very firm and actually not the most comfortable I've slept on. My issue with this hotel is I'm on the first floor which has a large sliding glass door that opens to the patio/parking lot. I will not stay at hotels that have exterior doors because of safety concerns. The room doors are interior but the sliding glass door is exterior. I didn't realize this hotel had so many first floor rooms and its only two story so it's a 50/50 shot at getting a second floor room. There is no railing or screen between the glass door and the parking lot so it doesn't feel secure. It's a nice area and nice hotel but I can't stay here again on the first floor.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Susan D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry that you did not like your room location. We do hope you do come back again to stay on a different floor. You are welcome to call me directly and I can assist you on making your reservation.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The service was the worst I have ever received at a hotel. I detailed some of our issues and the lack of response we received below:
Check in:
o Employees were unrecognizable, wearing “plain clothes”
o Employees did not great us and were unresponsive for several minutes, as they chatted amongst themselves.
o We arrived very early on Thursday for our reservation, around 8am. But, we thought, lets go check it out and see if our room is ready. When we asked the woman at the front desk if the room was available she pointed to a sign and rudely stated that check in was at 3pm. We asked if she could please check and after a little coaxing she did look and say she would call us on our cellphone if the room became available prior to 3pm, which I thought was really nice, yet we didnt get into the room until 4pm.

Room quality/cleanliness:
o Upon entering our room we noticed immediately that it smelled like cigarette smoke. It was to the point that both of us had irritated eyes. It was so strong that my clothing now smells like the smoke in the room after our stay.

Guest Services:
We called the front desk upon entering our room for 2 reasons:
1. We booked a king sized bed and the room had 2 double beds
2. The room smelled like smoke (very strongly)
o With the first complaint the woman who answered the phone quickly responded that when we “called” to book our room we booked 2 double beds. It was so quick I could hardly believe she even checked.
 The women clearly stated “it was your fault” and was unapologetic and did not even attempt to help us to find a solution.
 I would have been satisfied, even if the woman could do nothing to help us, if it had seemed like she even tried to help, or showed any sympathy.
o With the second complaint, the woman’s response was “this is a non-smoking hotel”. Which, while that may be the case, did not help to solve our complaint of a smelly room. After asking several times if there was anything she could do (she said all rooms were booked and we would not be able to move over the next 4 days) she said she would send housecleaning up.
 Housecleaning arrived with a “spray bottle” of air freshener. It was useless and basically added a bad chemical smell to the already bad smoke smell.
 At this point I felt that some other attempt should have been made to help, yet nothing else was done, and there was no followup after the original complaint. I really felt like no one cared.

We did have some positives about our stay:
• We liked the view of the pool
• The beds were very comfortable to sleep in.
• great location
However, the service was so bad that it outweighed these positives twofold.
Also, extremely overpriced!!!
I would highly NOT reccommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Juno Beach area.

Room Tip: We liked the pool view on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear alued Guest,

Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel "thinking" it was a short walk to the beach because of the description. It is not. The front desk employees have a terrible personality. Our room was filthy, when we asked for anything they wanted to disagree. We used our points to stay and when we asked for a print out of our 2 night stay, she replied you dont need one. We asked again, she replied you don't need one but i will print you a blank piece of paper. We asked because we always receive an invoice even when we use our points. As we were in line to check out of our room , she took a call from another room, who was having problems with their room. She was not compassionate to their problems at all. Hung up then proceeded to tell all in line "they just call to complain, Im not changing anything". While that maybe how she felt and some in line were amused by it; an employee should never speak poorly about a customer in frt of another customer. I think the other reviews have hit the nail on the head with the breakfast, so all I will say is, its awful!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued guest,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express Juno Beach hotel, I was truly sorry to this review.
We take all guest comments seriously and continuously make efforts to use any less than perfect reviews as training and coaching opportunities for our staff

We clearly fell short of your expectations during your recent visit and I offer my most sincere apologies.

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview? Share your experiences!