“Soft Open of Osaka” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 90 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A nice habachi place, and a great sushi restaurant.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Soft Open of Osaka”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Visited this past Monday for a late, late lunch early dinner. Bar not yet open as liquor license was still pending. Beautiful decor, full sushi bar and hibachi table room. We were the only customers at this odd hour of the day so we had a hibachi table all to our own. My significant other ordered a sushi item at the hibachi table as a pre cursor to dinner. It was a nice presentation and only $6. We both ordered a filet dinner. It came with soup, salad, AND fried rice. We added a side order of shrimp sauté as the dinner only included two pieces of shrimp. The chef was very friendly and did the typical tappan table routine while preparing our dinner. The filet was grilled to perfection and was an ample serving. My only complaint was that the chop sticks are of very low quality as they were somewhat warped and did not provide an appropriate mating, and the fried rice is plated rather than served in an appropriate bowl. The "excuse" from the chef for plating the fried rice rather than presenting it in a proper bowl, was that everyone wants to mix their rice with everything else which is nonsense. Present it in a bowl so I can eat it with chop sticks. Let ME decide if I want to dump it on my plate. All in all the service was very attentive, the food was of high quality, and the atmosphere was first class. We will return and likely become reglulars, EVEN if I have to bring my own bowl!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Palm City, Florida
“Wish them all the best...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The restaurant decor is beautiful. It has a south beach vibe. There is a Hibachi area, sushi bar and regular seating. Not sure if they will have a full bar but they will begin serving Sake soon. The service was attentive. Our favorite dishes was MT Fuji & tiger roll. The fried rice was lacking seasoning but We will go back! We truly hope they make it. It's worth checking out.

Visited May 2014
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Needs some work on Sauces”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My Wife & I went out to lunch at this Brand new Restaurant. The dipping sauces were all the wrong flavor (kind of a mayonnaise flavor for the mustard sauce and the steak sauce tasted like A1 flavor to it. The salad dressing tasted like 1000 island with a dash of ginger added. Also the chairs are way too short for the Teppanyaki Tables, either the tables are too high or the chairs are way to short. I'm almost 6 foot tall.
*** On the flip side the Service was superb and the Chef presented a very good show. We will possibly try it again in a few months after they practice with the sauces to make it authentic

• Visited May 2014