“They won't be seeing us again.....” 2 of 5 stars

1897 NE Jensen Beach Blvd, Jensen Beach, FL 34957
772-232-6184
Improve this listing
USA
“They won't be seeing us again.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We are local residents who reside here all year long. Snowbird friends of ours suggested that we meet at Marciano's for dinner on January 28th. We met about 6:30, entered the restaurant and were promptly seated in the formal dining room. Our waitress greeted us, told us she would bring water, and asked for our drink orders. Two of the four of us ordered unsweetened ice tea with lemon. The waitress returned with the water and announced "We have run out of unsweet tea" - how is that even possible in the south? So, ok, we will live with the water. The waitress took our order and my husband ordered a steak with fresh veggies (I wish I could remember the cut of the steak, but I i can't), I ordered chicken fettucini. Ten minutes later the waitress arrives with a small basket of cold bread with those little individual paks of butter in plastic and foil - I swear that the bread was just regular sandwich bread - no one ate it because in an Italian restaurant of supposedly this caliber, you should receive warm, really good, perhaps artisanal bread with herbed oil for dipping. Waitress then announces to my hubby that they are out of the cut of steak he ordered and the only steak available was the filet. So, we are not batting anywhere close to 100 this night - hubby agrees to the filet and reiterates to the waitress that he is a diabetic and cannot eat potatoes, pasta, etc - she assures him he will receive steak and fresh veggies. We sit and chat......and chat.......and chat.....and it was at least an hour before the food came out (I finally grabbed the waitress as she went by and ordered garlic knots as no one was going to eat the bread in the basket-when the garlic knots came, the were dark brown on top, very overdone, and I think old - you couldn't bite into them at all - you had to cut them with a knife or tear them apart with your hands) Eventually our food came out - hubby's filet was the most misshapen piece of meat anyone had ever seen - not a filet at all - as if someone just hacked a hunk of meat off a larger piece - in fact, one of our friends asked "what is that supposed to be? It looks to be about 3 ounces" - the waitress was extremely snotty and said "ALL our filets are 8 ounces" - ummmm...not! And what do our wondering eyes see - a huge pile of mashed potatoes (cold no less) on hubby's plate! The three others of us had meat/pasta dishes - the pasta on all three had that dried out crusty appearance as if they either sat under a heat lamp or sat in a warming oven. Hubby reiterated to the waitress that "remember, no potatoes, only veggies?" - she did apologize and about fifteen minutes later brought out a bowl of fresh veggies. Now in all fairness, our friends had been here before and had excellent food and service...but they were appalled that they suggested it to us after the lack of service, food, etc. We will not be returning to Marciano's which is a shame as we live here year round and it should be a nice restaurant we can go to often. As we were leaving, OMGosh! The most incredible noises ever in the formal dining room! Apparently they have live music in the bar but this noise was like nothing you have ever heard before - we were glad we were exiting and not entering. I wish I could give a positive review to Marciano's-we try our best to support all our local businesses - but there is not one good thing I can say about our experience there or the food that (eventually) was served.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner and was disappointed. Service so so, my husband had soup with no spoon. I had veal Marsala , a taste of flour for sauce. My husband had a special of layered veal, spinach, eggplant, cheese. Sauce was mediocre, strong flavor of tomato paste. Music from adjoining room was very loud.

Visited January 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Music, Good Food, Service So-So, Fun Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I visitedMarcianos's bar and restaurant several times in the last two months. They have some extraordinary talent, musical, most nights of the week (except Monday when I think they are closed) with such a variety of musicians. Duos, singles, bands, Motown to rock to ballroom--they have it all. A great happy hour, a 2 for 1 on the drinks, but they only have about four 1/2 price appetizers on their happy hour menu. If they doubled that, I would say the happy hour would be great. Service has varied depending upon the bartender and timeliness of food service. One of the bartenders is extremely attentive to male customers, but if you're a female--fuggetaboutit--she won't give you the time of day until you are ready to leave and then she gives you a big phony smile so you'll leave her a good tip. A good tip for her would be to cover up her pushed up breasts and cover those large arms of hers and act like a lady and be respectful to other ladies and it would be a much better experience for her customers. The other female bartender is older and wiser and much more polite. A great dance floor, band and soloists who involve the dancers and an all around fun atmosphere. The meatballs are to die for..........a little skimpy on the sides, but after those meatballs, there isn't much room left. I frequented another nearby venue on my last trip to the area in May, and I would say that this venue has it beat by a meatball mile. Give it a try---have fun!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Saint Lucie, FL.
“great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Fancy but not precocious. The food was great and plenty on the plate. Linens and a great staff. Had a great time .Be back soon.

Visited October 2013
easton mass
“Great new restaurant and bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went to Marcianos after a lil bar hoping in the Jensen Beach area.Was greeted by Owner Trish (the dish) who made us feel like she knew us for years.Sat in the lounge area with live music that was fantastic.Asked Trish about the place and food and she came out from the kitchen after hours with meatballs and sauce and bread for all 6 of us to try. Very nice gesture on her part and what a nice scrumptious treat.Great atmosphere and certainly will return for a full dining experience.NICE JOB TRISH

Visited October 2013