“Great Potential” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 90 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Branch of Tony Roma's restaurant chain in Jensen Beach, Florida.
Vero Beach Fl
“Great Potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Location could have been better. Parking when first openned was poor. With a beautiful River only yards away the location does not permit the customer to view and appreciate a river so close yet mostly unseen.

Visited February 2012

Jensen Beach, Florida
“Now I Understand Why This Restaurant is so Popular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We had seen the crowds coming and going into this local restaurant as we passed by and finally decided to give it a try. We started out with Romaritas called 120 which we low cal drinks. They were darn yummy. We skipped the appetizers and each ordered a different main dish. Those that had salads raved about how great they were. Each of our meals, the ribs, a steak, Shrimp Scampi Pasta and my pasta dish with the meat on the side was tasteful and done perfectly. I don't know why we waited so long to try this restaurant, but know we will be going back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Trion, Georgia
“Worth the hype.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had heard of Tony Roma's only in movies so I was really looking forward to trying this place out. Since ribs are what they are known for and I love steak I chose the medallions and ribs plate. It was about $23, but I have no complaints. The fillet medallions were probably the best pieces of steak I have ever eaten and this surprised me because we were so far south in Florida. I expect great seafood but not good steak in this area. The server we had was a lady in her 40's and she seemed to disappear for long periods of time and we were all pretty thirsty by the time she got back. But I saw most of the other tables getting excellent service from their younger servers.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Far better food around the corner! Bad experience!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We went on a weeknight @ 7:30 less than 25% occupancy, spent eighty dollars at the bar prior to sitting down. the Bar service was efficient, courteous and he even told us about what not to order... Honesty, a breath of fresh air in FL...
Our waitress was slow, mixed up (ordered the wrong wines, and drinks. She offered us the white wine for free, we declined having already enjoyed a nice Cab, why drink Pinot? Appetizers were on the cold side, under cooked. Two orders of ribs were overcooked and dry. One gal sent her raw bloody steak back for it to be "well done" this time. Salads were the only thing they didn't screw up.
On a scale of
1,2,3 being sustenance only, commercial norm and
4,5,6,7 being lower to upper "traditional anywhere fare to better than avg" food and
8,9,10 being " creative delectable artisanal exceptional " highest quality;
Tony Roma's is a 4.2 not worth a repeat visit....

Visited March 2012
Syracuse
“Pleasantly surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We really liked Tony Roma's. We were craving "beef" after eating seafood for a week so we thought we would give it a try. My husband had a New York Strip and I had Filet Medallions with three different toppings which were excellent!!
On past vacations we have dined at Peter's in Jensen Beach and it just got to be too pricy for us. Tony Roma's is excellent and a great value. We will definitely return on our next visit to the area.
Our waitress was very helpful and efficient. The also had a singer in the bar when we were there which was very nice.

• Visited February 2012