“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Stuart, Florida, United States
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

We started out with cocktails at Pietro's on the Ocean a short distance down the road from Pietro's on the River. Then we arrived here for dinner. Had no reservations and by the look on the hostess' face, I feared we were about to get turned away. It was early and only a few people in the dining room. However, we were seated and had a very attentive waiter. The dinner was excellent. I had a stuffed pork chop and my husband had the veal porterhouse. But the service was not so good. We had to wait a long time. However, both our waiter and another gentlemen apologized and offered us free dessert. It's a large, open dining room, so it is not very quiet. But we still had a lovely evening. I think next time, we will sit at the bar for drinks and light snacks. People there looked like they were having fun.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Don't go to Pietro's if you want a relaxing meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

The Pietro's by the river treated us very disrespectfully. The host was extremely rude to my sister who was celebrating her 82nd birthday. We arrived early went to the bar & were throughly enjoying ourselves, the bartender Brian was great. We didn't realize the time and the host came and rudely told us we needed to take our table. We asked if we could just have a few minutes he said yes and stomped off. He came back a few minutes later and said it was ok he had taken care of it. About 10 min after that we came into the dining room and the table we were then given was directly in front of the service station. When my sister asked for another table he rudely told her there was nothing available besides that table and "it is what it is." We didn't realize we were being punished for taking a total of 25 minutes longer at the bar. By the way, out of 35 or 40 tables only 1 other table was occupied and no one was waiting to be seated. We asked for the manager the host said he was it. This was one of the worst experiences we have ever had.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor
“Horrible service, reasonably good food,”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

Our meal was a mess of errors. I took my parents there while we visited them in Florida as a farewell dinner. There were six of us altogether, including my two children. We had a 6:30 reservation and arrived on time. The host showed us to our seats and from then on we were neglected. When our drink order finally arrived, the wine my mother ordered wasn't available. No recommendation was offered. She selected another wine and that wine was also not available. We were half way through salads before she received a glass of wine. My martini was lukewarm and served without olives as requested. My husbands gin and tonic had no gin and no lime. The bowl of broccoli soup ordered was brought as a cup. We had to flag down a waiter to allow us to order wine with our dinner. The final straw was that the completely wrong dinner for my father. As we had already waited over an hour to have our entree's brought, he accepted it as his meal. He did enjoy the snapper that was mistakenly brought. And it does have a nice view of the river. No apologies or accommodation or adjustment to the bill was offered. I would have complained on the spot but as it was we could barely get the waiter to take our order and when we left the host station was unmanned.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Stuart, Florida
“Excellent service, food and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

There is also a Pietro's on the Ocean several miles south of this restaurant. The entrance to Pietro's on the River could be hard to see. You can not see the restaurant from A1A. There is a large sign very tastefully done so keep an eye out.
We arrived early for dinner and received a warm welcome. Our serving team were attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. They explained the menu in detail. I had the lobster and my companion the prime rib. The lobster had a wonderful tender, very slightly sweet taste. The prime rib, a special that night, was exceptional. We were using a BOGO coupon and informed our serving team immediately. This made absolutely no difference in the quality of service - excellent, well cared for.
This is a lovely restaurant, perhaps for a special occasion. It is located on the Indian River with an outstanding view. You can walk out onto the river bank and enjoy a sunset by the gazebo --- A perfect place for a wedding.
The tables along the windows are tables for two. Luckily the sun shades for the huge picture windows are just slightly wider than table width so if the tables near you want no setting sun in their eyes, lowering the shade for them will not spoil your view.
They also have an excellent early bird menu for about $25 for a complete dinner.

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015 via mobile

We went to an early dinner they call the sunset dining. The maître d' was very attentive and got our seating almost immediately. Our waiter Paul was very attentive and filled our water glasses promptly. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and was helpful in making our choices. My husband went into the bar and got us two glasses of wine at happy hour.. Very reasonable $3.50 a glass- we had Merlot. When we were having our wine and enjoying the bread basket the second team member came over, Donna, to take our order. She was very moody and when I asked questions she was very flippant with her answer. It was our first time to this restaurant and I needed to know some of the info. We both wanted soup and to get the lobster bisque and the onion soup was a $2.00 upgrade. She didn't know the answer and had I ask someone. She was upset to have to go ask. We ordered Mahi Mahi and Prime Rib, off the sunset early dinner. ($24.95 per person) a great deal. It was delicious but the attitude of Donna took away from the experience. Team 30 had two people and Paul was so nice and accommodating, I couldn't lessen the tip but was very unhappy with the second member of the team, Donna. This is a lovely restaurant and the view is Priceless, but the staff should make everyone feel important. I truly believe she didn't like it that, we were getting our meal off he sunset early dinner. When you have a staff person with this kind of attitude it takes away from the entire evening. I listened to her with another couple, someone she must have know, and she was a sweet as anything. This was my Birthday outing and I truly was disappointed with her attitude. After she took our order she never came back to see if we needed anything..Except when the bill was ready she swiped it up. Paul came over numerous times with a smile and water and questions of anything we needed. He said that our dessert was coming out and could he get us coffee or a cordial.. We both had a cordial with dessert. I'm going to try Pietro's on the Ocean. I'm hoping the team over there knows how to treat patrons..Donna needs to get some extra training on treating all people with a kind smile and being sweet.. Other than that I would recommend this restaurant and go outside and walk the beach of the intracoastal..

Visited March 2015