“Two Stars Only for the View not the Food” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 90 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Two Stars Only for the View not the Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Been to Shucker's a few times because it is one of the few restaurants on Hutchinson Island. It sits on the ocean, so make that the reason you go; don't hold any high expectations for the food. This last visit, however, really convinced me that this restaurant seems to have little interest in preparing and presenting quality food. It doesn't have to one might presume because it has little competition. Whatever you order, ask how it is prepared and what sauce (and how much of it) they put on the meal. I'd order any sauces on the side. If your meal comes out likes it's been overheated, return it. And if you're picky about specialty drinks, order with average expectations.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were looking for a casual lunch and decided to try Shucker's since it is on the beach. It was a good choice! We ordered the fish tacos which were delicious and nicely presented, and a burger. Portions are generous and service is friendly. There were no tables available outside and we were too hungry to wait 40 minutes for one to open up, so we ate inside near the bar. The atmosphere is nice, but I wish we had waited since the view is so beautiful! Our waiter, Derek, gets two thumbs up for a job well done. I would recommend Shucker's, especially if you can get outside seating!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Food was aweful and expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Location is AWESOME. Food is AWEFUL. Seafood entrees were uninspired and we had to send the filet back 3 times.

Visited April 2013
Florida
“Wonderful marriage between an ocean view and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived at this ocean property with a very threatening sky billowing dark, gray clouds. I asked if it were "safe" to eat outside and was told they had checked the radar . It would NOT rain! WRONG! It poured. Luckily, I requested a table under the awning even with their assurance there would not be any rain.
People scattered under the protected awning to avoid the rain.
This property is in a resort called "Island Beach Resort". It is NOT impressive on the outside. However, once you walk out on to that deck... all you see is the ocean and beach. Lovely! I imagine even lovelier when it's a gorgeous day.
My friend and I ordered their broiled portabello mushroom ($5.95) as a shared appetizer. It was heavenly with added roasted vegetables, fresh fontina cheese and crumb dressing. There was enough for two to enjoy. We then shared the Asian Chicken Salad with tender breasts of marinated chicken in soy, ginger and garlic with crispy curried noodles. However, I noticed it had no mango and papaya which was supposed to be in the ingredients! The waiter apologized, and brought back a huge extra dish of those papayas and mangos.DELICIOUS! ($9.95)
We enjoyed a lunch and I would want to go back for dinner with my husband.
I do have one thing that was not good. Their one bathroom on that deck had one of their servers in it before I used it. She emerged after obviously smoking a cigarette. The smell was awful. That should not be allowed. I wreaked from the smoke.
If you go and the weather looks threatening ask for a table UNDER THAT AWNING!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Can't Believe We Haven't Gone There Sooner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were completely surprised at how amazing this restaurant was. It was packed at 6:30 and we had great service, good food and live music on a Friday night. We lingered and were not rushed out, but it was interesting to see a second seating of people. We all agreed that we would definitely go back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere