“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Pottsboro, Texas
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Nice atmosphere where casual dress is the norm. Wait staff superb never had to ask for a thing. Menu has a nice selection of seafood favorites. I had the blackened salmon and it was great. One might consider the menu pricey but you will be sold by the value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Indiantown, Florida
“It's a beach party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Do not expect 'elegant dinning' here. Come in comfy clothes and sandals and be in a relaxed mood. This is a great family place where you can watch birds and fish and enjoy local music. Wait staff was very attentive and Eric, our server had lots of smiles for us. Food was fresh and hot. I had king Crab (one pound) and I do believe it was more than that. Kitchen was generous. Well drinks were delivered in a rather small glass, however. My companions had the "all you can eat" snow crab which was also delivered hot. Menu includes raw bar and my clams were fresh and sweet. Prices are a bit high but that did not deter us or other diners from this place. It was 'off season - July - and nearly all tables were full. Not sure if they take reservation during 'high season' but I'd call ahead in any case. Only one complaint, there was a leak in their roof and there were buckets lying about, there was a rank order, perhaps coming from the wood floor. We ate on the outdoor deck with fresh air so it was not a factor in our enjoyment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Above average (slightly) food, but great atmosphere! A fun place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Fun, accommodating and a bit nostalgic with a diverse menu. Pricey for the quality of the food, but well worth a visit, or two, three, four.

We were a very large group (4 families, 12 kids) and dinner went off without a problem. An old-style Florida fish place, with a lot of menu options. Service was spotty, but food was fun (although some dishes were too pricey).

It is slightly open-aired, so be prepared to sweat it on on most Florida days and nights.

Great atmosphere and almost always packed, so get a reservation or get there early.

Overall it is average, but I scored it, "very good," since it's a fun place and they were very accommodating with us.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nickd772, General Manager at Conchy Joe's Seafood, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Conchy Joe's and look forward to accommodating you in the future as well. If there is something specific that you feel we can improve on in the quality of food and service, we would greatly appreciate you letting us know. We want to ensure that every guest gets the highest quality experience possible.
Please feel free to call anytime and ask for Nick at 772-334-1131.
Homestead, Florida
“Not the worst but not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice backdrop...right on the water. Went with a big group of people,slow service... Took forever. The waitress was cute though so that's a plus. Lol all in all, food was just average.

Visited November 2013
I would like to apologize for the slow service during your recent visit. We take great pride in delivering the best food and service possible and appreciate knowing when a guests expectations aren't met. I would like to encourage you to call and let me know about the specifics of your visit. Please ask for Nick at 772-334-1131.
“Excellent place, average food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

If you are looking for a casual, waterfront meal in a characteristically real Florida place, this is it. Very relaxed and casual but still serving on real plates (not a basket with plastic ware). Right on the water too. Wait staff was very attentive and patient as we asked him to take several pictures. Patient with my elderly parent who had no problems accessing the place and our table with his walker. Now the food. Had conch fritters for appetizer and they were pretty good but big so don't order many. I had grilled grouper. Just a piece of cooked fish, no seasoning or embellishment. Just bland and over cooked (but fresh tasting). Could have been better. I had plantains and cuban rice&beans as sides and they were wonderful. Highlights of the meal.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our restaurant and that the service was very good but I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the seasoning of the grilled Grouper. We season each piece of grilled fish with salt and pepper before putting it on the grill and then top it off with a bit of herb butter. If you are looking for more flavor, I would like to recommend trying our style of Jerked, Blackened or my personal favorite Sweet Potato Encrusted Grouper. I'm confident one of these cooking methods will be sure to set your palate off!
Thank you and we hope you will join us again soon. Please call with any questions you may have and ask for Nick at 772-334-1131.