“First Visit and We will be Back!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“First Visit and We will be Back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

My wife and I arrived and the front parking lot was full so we had to park in the rear. The restaurant has a rear entrance so it was no problem. When we entered the restaurant for lunch we were greeted and told we could sit where ever we liked. We were immediately brought menus and had our drink orders taken by a friendly waitress. We ordered and waited for our meals to arrive. When our meals arrived they were hot and appealing looking. We each finished our meals and thoroughly enjoyed them. We will definitely go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

south jersey
“lovely buisness model, not so lovely execution.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I just had my first meal at this restaurant tonight. I will start by saying that the front parking spaces were full so I had to park around back, no problem. The problem was that due to there being a fish market next to the restaurant, the smell of the rear of the restaurant is unpleasant to say the least. My 4 year old daughter asked me what the horrible smell was before entering the back door.

The inside of the restaurant is done up with fish mounts, murals, and fish carvings. Its dated, but acceptable. We were seated at a table, but slid into a booth before our drinks arrived. They gave us a couple containers of smoked fish dip, which was very good.

I ordered the lobster bisque. I love lobster bisque. I was excited to try their version however I was let down immensely. The bisque was bland and lifeless. I added the sherry to try to give it something, but it just wasn't enough.

My wife and I shared the New England clambake. Three lobsters, clams, mussels, sausage, corn & potato's for $69.00 seemed like a no brainer. The lobsters were cooked well and the shells were split which made them easier for my wife to eat. They were very good.

I then started in on the clams, muscles, and sausage. All three had an off taste, but it was only a hint of it. I could also smell an off odor as well. I figured I had a bad clam or mussel, and would find it eventually.

Some of the mussels were so overcooked that they shrunk significantly and dried out. The larger ones were cooked well and were very juicy. The smaller ones were shrunk and shriveled to almost nothing. This could have been avoided by pulling the smaller ones as soon as they opened, which isn't a very hard thing to do. I found the mussels to be unseasoned as well, they were just steamed and served plain.

The clams were cooked well, minus the lack of seasoning. They were a nice size and were juicy. Some garlic butter would have made them great. They were also just steamed unseasoned like the mussels.

Once we made our way closer to the bottom of the bowl, I found a clam packed solid with mud...... that explained the off taste and smell. I understand things happen, but I also believe had the clams been rinsed it would have been noticed and excluded. I emptied my plate into the shell bowl and put the clam on it wide open with all the mud in it. and added a few of the shriveled, dried out, overcooked mussels to the plate. Our waitress paid it no mind at all.

I know I could have complained about the flavorless bisque, the muddy clam, and the overcooked mussles. I assume that management would have comped me something, but it just wasn't worth it to me. I waited quite a while for the bill as the restaurant was crowded by now.

I paid the bill and walked out back to the horrible smell once again. I think the idea is great and has a ton of potential, but the execution is in need of some fine tuning. I wanted to like this place so bad, and wished they could have delivered. Maybe shellfish isn't what they do well, maybe their fresh catch of the day is properly seasoned and worthy of a positive review. I however do not think I will be returning to find out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Another good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We go to this restaurant most times we visit the area. We had dinner. Busy Friday night. Seated within 15 minutes and had an excellent meal with really attentive service In spite of being really busy. Great chowder and the lime/ ginger lobster was excellent. Great food great value

Visited August 2014
Stuart, FL
“FRESH FRESH FRESH FISH AND SEAFOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is a bit pricey, but well worth it! The restaurant is adjacent to the fish market, and the fish market is the best in our area! The restaurant has a local flavor with all kinds of nautical motif, sailfish, photos and paintings. It is casual. So, let's get on with the food….The fish sandwich is around $15. Order it with panko and as a side order the black beans, french fries or fruit.The cole slaw is great too! Lobster is great but expensive. The clams are awesome and any fish will be fresh and cooked to perfection. They give you a free sample of the fish dip on the table with crackers. The servers are attentive and friendly. Ask for a fish buck card if you plan on eating there. For every $100 that you spend, you get $5 in fish bucks. Watch in August for their buy $100 gift card, get $50 gift card free. It's for one day only, but a great deal. Around the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, they have an additional buy $100 of gift cards and get a $20 gift card for free. You won't be disappointed with this fish or seafood! Open for lunch and dinner. They close at 9pm

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nj
“Go for lunch and not wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

For dinner wait in line. We went for lunch. They have $10 specials. The fish was extremely fresh. Mahi Caesar salad wrap was delicious. The Fiji Fish salad was fresh and tasty with Asian dressing. Courtney was a friendly lovely and attentive young lady. She suggested 1/2 conch 1/2clam chowder. It was fabulous.

Visited August 2014