“NICE BUT WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach

You added Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach to your Saves list
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10978 S Ocean Drive, Jensen Beach, FL 34957-2611   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Jensen Beach
dwmad
“NICE BUT WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

We were there for a softball tournament this past weekend. At first sight this is a beautiful hotel, newly remodeled and right on the beach, etc...HOWEVER.....for what you pay per night and this being a "MARRIOTT" hotel, we expected much more!
1) There is only one washer and one dryer for the entire hotel and it is located on the 3RD floor. Thats right 1 for the entire hotel. We needed to wash our team uniforms (12 girls and 4 coaches) and the hotel staff was using the only washer and dryer to wash pool towels until 10pm. When we finally got to use the washer and dryer, the dryer wouldn't get hot enough to dry anything so we had to hang them out on the balconys to dry.
2) There is no continental breakfast offered. If you want to eat breakfast the charge you $10 per person, and they dont even serve any meat, only eggs, toast, grits and juice and if you dont want to pay for the breakfast and just want a cup of coffee you have to pay the person at the front desk 75 cents for a 4oz cup of coffee.
3) The Tiki Bar closes at 8PM EVERY NIGHT and that is the ONLY place to get any food or drinks at the hotel unless you want something out of the vending machine.
4) The water pressure in the showers is the worst I have ever expreienced. Dont wash your hair unless you absolutly have to.
5) The bugs out by the pool were terrible and when we asked if they could spray so we didnt get eatten up by bugs they said they didnt have any spray.
6) The pool is very very small. The staff was not helpful at all and they acted like they didnt care and didnt want to be bothered.

Personally I would never stay in this hotel agan. A friend of mine was staying at the Holiday Inn and she enjoyed her time there much more than we did and paid half the price. We thought that staying at the "MARRIOTT" hotel we were assured to have an enjoyable stay, I guess you cant go by the name anymore it really depends on the management. Next time we will be more careful.

• Liked — on the beach
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

My family and I just returned from a night at the Courtyard Jensen Beach. The rooms are really nicely done, and a great location right on the ocean. Too bad the STAFF IS HORRIBLE, and the cleaning is even worse. We had 2 rooms and arrived late at night. We went straight to sleep. When I woke up I found a bloody used tissue next to the night stand on my side of the bed. It was so GROSS. We were on our way down for breakfast so I stopped at the desk to notify them and to have them request housekeeping take care of this when they service our room. The desk clerk didn't even apologize. She just said ok and wrote it down in a red book. I left feeling a little uneasy but thought, this is a Marriott, they'll take care of it. 5 hours LATER we went back to the room; the room had been serviced and THE TISSUE WAS STILL THERE. I called the front desk and the same clerk answered the phone. She said, they didn't come and clean your room? I said, yes, they did, but the bloody used tissue is till there. Still, no apology, she just said "ok." So I asked her what does ok mean? Will you send someone to take care of this? She said yes, 20 MINUTES LATER a housekeeper showed up with a bathmat. She said, the front desk clerk said you needed another bathmat. I said no and showed her what the problem was. She took care of it and asked, is that it? Like it was no big deal that there was a used bloody tissue in the room. I said yes, thank you. We were planning on staying a few days, but we checked out the next day. Not what I would expect and the staff really didn't care.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
coconut creek florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

My wife and i decided to take a little trip north a little getaway for her birthday, we live in coconut creek florida. its about 1 hour and twenty minutes away , well we booked our rooms we wanted a room with a ocean view so when we arrived we asked about it and the helpful lady at the desk gave us one with no extra charge being my wife's birthday! it was at the top floor overlooking the beautiful atlantic it was beautiful i noticed a envolope on the floor in front of the door it had my wife's name on it, she opened it up it was a birthday card from the hotel staff! now i just thought that was very thoughtful the staff were super friendly when the room was a little hot the maintnence man was up there in minutes. its a very nice cozy hotel with a tiki bar pool, sauna with waterfall and a great breakfast buffet! what a beautiful part of florida! we will be comming back for sure! highy recommended. the only downside the tiki bar and resturant closes too early for me. but the pros outway the cons. p.s when i got home i noticed i had left my cell phone charger in the room i called the front desk and told me they will mail it to me the next day! enough said.

• Liked — the room view staff
  • Disliked — resturant/tiki bar closes too early
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

I was here with my husband and daughters and we had a great stay. We were here during off season, so things were uncrowded and inexpensive. Beach is gorgeous. Rooms are smallish but lots of shelves around microwave and in bathroom. Nice shower but bathroom is quite small. The glass door on the bathroom is stylish but provides inadequate privacy (in my husband's opinion). The whole place is very clean: staff is very attentive. On check in, the front desk clerk was a little irritating at first (she was loudly eating hard candy while she checked us in) but the irritation was short-lived and everyone else was wonderful. Be aware that the if you book a King room with sofabed: the sofabed is a SINGLE bed. This was a problem for us, so we switched to a double, double at no extra charge. Like another reviewer I came home with numerous, nasty bug bites. I don't blame the hotel: they could have been sand fleas or chiggers, we were out and about a lot and I never wore insect repellant. Overall, I thought the hotel was very well-maintained and provided a great vacation for us.

• Liked — great beach, very clean
  • Disliked — small rooms, no place to hang wet towels
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for a few days at the beach with family. The hotel has been recently remodeled. We booked a front room but were told none were available so were luckily sent to an oceanside room. The view was beautiful. It would be nice to have a screen door, but that's not enough to keep me from returning. The decor is very nice and there is a fridge and microwave in the room. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable and the bed linens soft. It was a very nice shower, but no bathtub. There is a large sink, but no bathroom counter. The towels were hard and scratchy. The pool area is nice and I liked the mist areas around the pool. The pina colada I had from the poolside bar was by far not the best I've ever had. There is no continental breakfast, but there is a restaurant on site. Parking is convenient. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed June 2007
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

We had a beautiful ocean front room and kept the balcony door open to hear the lovely sounds of the ocean. By the second night, our room
was infested with moths and mosquitos. I told the engineering associate that they should install screen doors and he replied "no one would use them." Most of the staff made you feel like avoiding them at all costs would be a very good decision, unless completely necessary; although a couple of employees were nice. The area however, surrounding the hotel is a great place with a quaint tropical small town feel. Reserve this so called hotel at your own risk!

• Liked — Ocean View Room
  • Disliked — Staff Attitude and Service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

Stayed at this hotel from 4/9/07 through 4/13/07. The spot on the ocean is beautiful! Not a crowded beach and anything you need is in very close proximity. Just a short walk from the hotel to the beach and very easy to return to hotel for restrooms, drinks and snacks. We stayed in an oceanfront executive suite which was located on the top floor and had a huge balcony (aprox 8'x20'). The suite was a little tight for a family of 4 with only 1 bathroom which you entered via the bedroom. I had requested early checkin however, they could not accommodate me because the previous guests had requested late checkout so their request took priority over mine. The staff did make us feel comfortable while we were waiting for our room and allowed us to use the beach, pool and restrooms. They have a nice little cafe with a breakfast buffet but I felt it was a little pricey. The outdoor bar/grill is nice but does get some locals that just hang out. This is suppose to be a non-smoking hotel but not enforced. Overall our stay was okay until the last night we were there (Friday 4/13), the hotel was hosting an oceanside wedding. Starting at 4:00 p.m. they were rearranging poolside chairs and scurring around like the "queen" was coming. My family was sitting at a poolside table relaxing after a day in the sun and we finally went to our room because we felt "in the way". The wedding guests took over the pool, hottub and bar from about 6:00 p.m. and a live band blasted music until midnight. Everything seem to revolve around this wedding the entire afternoon and evening. And to top it all off, the cafe was a mess in the morning because of the wedding the night before. The staff was doing it's best to get it set back up but tables were missing etc. This hotel does not have the facilities to hold weddings and still accommodate their regular guests. Spending $329/night, I expected a little more consideration.

• Liked — The large oceanfront balcony and the location of the hotel
  • Disliked — Lack of consideration for other guests while hosting a wedding reception.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach? Share your experiences!