“Convenient and clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach to your Saves list
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Jensen Beach
Florida
“Convenient and clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We typically stay at the Marriott Resort on Hutchinson Island, but they were sold out this weekend so we stayed at the Courtyard just 4 miles North.

Rooms are small but comfortable and nicely furnished. The in-room coffee is terrible so coffee connoisseurs beware. There is a restaurant with netter coffee, but breakfast is not included in your stay.

The pool is quite small but it is adjacent to the beach so probably my not an issue.

FYI, not all rooms have balconies - make sure you specify if you want one.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This is our third year staying at this hotel. Great place & the best Beach Service, ever! Ask for, Cage- great service & a really good guy! Everyone at the hotel is very friendly & accommodating. Great local restaurants & bars. Just a low key place to unwind & relax. Can't wait to go back!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Courtyard Marriott at Hutchinson Island is a very nice hotel in a resort quality location! Even before we arrived I had a good feeling about this place. I called with some questions and David in reservations could not have been more helpful. Check in and out and everyone at the front desk was welcoming and speedy, especially Jen on the night of 4/21. We had an intracoastal view which was fine because we spent almost every waking minute outside! The room was very bright and clean, very nice amenities (Paul Mitchell), in room coffee, a fridge, microwave, free parking and Internet. Beds were very comfortable, nice mattress and lots of pillows. Location is right on the beautiful, soft sandy beach! We chose to buy our own chairs at the CVS right down the street instead of renting for $30/day per lounge. Beach towels are provided at the front desk. We didn't use the pool, but it looked nice, with a waterfall by the hot tub. The tiki bar lunch was competitively priced and the food was very good. Breakfast in the Starbucks lounge was painfully slow, and like others I do wish there was fresh coffee in the lobby, at least in the morning. As for the glass bathroom door, yes it is weird but not completely see through, and it is in the hallway by the door so unless someone is standing in the hallway of the room looking into the bathroom it's not a problem. It does let the light shine through if someone uses the bathroom during the night, though. I would definitely recommend this hotel! Quiet, relaxing, beautifully maintained beach just steps out the door from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a hotel very close to the beach with beautiful beach views. My family and I enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were clean with a good amount of space for the three of us. I had difficulty since I needed wired internet access and my first room was not wired properly/it wasn't working. The front desk staff immediately relocated me to a room since wired internet is necessary for my work. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The only con I would state is the food at the Tiki Bar was not great for what you paid for it and it takes a very long time to get it if there are several people around the pool area. But that really didn't change my mind about the stay overall. I would happily return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here in April and was very impressed with this hotel.
The first thing coming into the hotel I was greeted with a nice smile and warm welcome. This is something, believe it or not, that doesn't happen at all hotels. The check in was very pleasant.
The lobby was clean, modern and functional.
PROS: I had been on the road for two weeks and told the woman at check in I just need to sleep in tomorrow. She gave me a great room, #516, at the end of a hall, quiet and ocean front view (see pics).
My room was very nice. I have read some of the reviews about bad beds, however, my mattress was fine. I slept so well I could hardly get up in the morning. Being in an ocean front room I slept with the sliding door ajar just a tad enough so as to hear the ocean waves - heaven.
The room also had a fridge which was very much appreciated
Good wi-fi and plenty of outlets to plug in I-pod, Blackberry, etc.
The pool area, while small, was fine. The drinks and food there were also fine.
CONS: My one complaint is that Marriott hotels used to have complimentary coffee in the morning down in the lobby, not any longer. However, there is a coffee pot in the room I was able to use. But no real complaints - great hotel, well maintained.
FYI...I ate at a restaurant up the road called Shucker's. It's right on the beach. Great-fresh seafood. Very nice place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wilmington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We vacation a lot in south Florida during spring break and this was the best hotel ever. The pool was heated just enough. The beach was right there. Breakfast and lunch were available at the Tiki bar for a reasonable price. There was a convenience store & ice cream shop within walking distance. Several very nice restaurants and a grocery store were only a few miles away. The staff was friendly and professional. The only complaint would be the very small bathroom with the see thru door.

Jackson, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We sent 5 days at this hotel and enjoyed the quiet relaxed atomsphere of the beach and surrounding area. we had stoppped in Cocoa Beach on the way down and as a comparsition to this location was far more crowded and rushed.

Pros - Reservation was correct when we arrived and lobby was updated to match that of other courtyeard facilties that I've stayed at. Free and accessilbe parking was available at all times. Staff was very appropriate and friendly, but did not have a great knowledge of area attractions or suggestions.

Cons - Once in the room, I noticed that it was pretty beat up for a Courtyard (not for a Florida springbreak beach front hotel though). The translucent door leading into the bathroom is bizzare and should be replaced. Carpet is not in an acceptable condition and needs to be replaced (see pictures). Walls need a fresh coat of paint (see pictures). No beach furniture is available. $30/day for "private vendor" to supply seating.

Two elevators are located in lobby, however they are not centrally controlled. Main elevator was down for several hours and was very slow.

Finally, the deal killer for me was the quality of the mattress, or lack thereof. I found it difficult to sleep on the matteress. It was obviously an older matteress suffering from years of use. As I rolled over the strings at night, i heard crunching and "boinging" sounds. I pulled back the matteress pad at the bottom of the bed to see if the tag revealed the age of the matteress and discovered a spring poking through. Then at the head of the bed, I found the tag listing the manufacture date of the mattress as "11/18/2000". (see pictures) A 12+ year-old hotel matteress is not the quality I expect from Courtyard or any Marriott Hotel.

Replace the matteress and carpet and I would consider staying there again. If not, NO chance.

Cutting too many corners to make a buck. If/When responding to this posting, I invite Ed to specifically address when the matteresses are so old and when they will be replaced...not we'll look into it. When?

Room Tip: Ask staff what the age of the matteress is in your room is when reserving. When they indicate they...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ed G, General Manager at Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I regret that your stay failed to meet your expectations. However, please allow me to address your concerns.

Our mattresses and carpeting are replaced based on a pre-determined cycle of between 6-8 years. Carpeting is in the process of being replaced as I type this note. Mattresses will follow as they were manufactured in November 2005 and installed in December 2005. (The tag that was photographed is dated 2005, not 2000).

I miss the direct contact with our guests and feel that this impersonal method of reporting problems sometimes inhibits our ability to react quickly if a problem or deficiency arises. Since we were just notified of the mattress with the exposed spring, we are currently going room to room to find and remove the rouge mattress, so no other guest experiences what you experienced.

Thank you again and I hope you reconsider staying with us in the future.

Been to Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside / Jensen Beach? Share your experiences!