“Lovely spot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jensen Beach
River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp
Save Saved
You added River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp to your Saves list
2325 NE. Indian River Drive, Jensen Beach, FL 34957   |
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Lovely spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We absolutely love this place. We were there in 2012 and for 6 weeks in Feb., March 2013 and will be returning again in 2014 for another stay. My husband and I enjoy the old Florida atmosphere and the hosts are the most pleasant helpful people. All the staff there go above and beyond to make our stay feel like we are home. We usually stay in cabin # 15 and it is always spotlessly clean on our arrival. My husband fishes on the dock everyday and the beach is just a short walk across the yard. If you like the ocean that also is just a quick trip over the bridge. We bring our two little dogs and they love it there too because they can go everywhere with us.. We are SO happy we found this gem!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is our second time staying. It is dog friendly on the river. There is a beach area and a dock for fishing or to bring the boat. The rooms are not luxurious. They are made to handle the dogs without ruining the floors or furniture. They even provide sheets to cover the furniture for the dogs. The grounds a very nice. Great for a weekend away with the dogs.

• Stayed May 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband surprised me one day by telling me to pack an overnight bag and that he was picking me up after work. 20 minutes later we were pulling into River Palms. He had managed to get a last minute 1 night stay there, only because the people who were supposed to be staying that night were coming in a day late. The room (#5) was lovely, very cute, (the table was already set for 4) and very clean. We actually got the room at a discount. The beach was amazing, even though the place was full there was no one there at night. We were able to lay out on the lounge chairs and watch the stars. It was too cold for swimming so we didn't try the pool. The staff was wonderful. The only disappointment was that we were only able to stay the 1 night. This year we booked Memorial Day weekend for our anniversary. Very excited to return!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

River Palm is just what you would expect for a place out of the way on the Florida coast. Not a condo in sight and right on the water. Cool little cabins with kitchen and each one is just far enough apart for a little privacy. Awesome dock for the boat and great fishing literally right in front of you.
Nice little pool and a great open bar area for special events or parties. This is a great place for a group event, family reunion or party.

Room Tip: Cabin 4 is at the end and close to the water but also close to the bar area. If your throwing the pa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

2 months ago I made a reservation with River Palm Cottages for the 1st of September , gave them a 25% deposit. This past week I had boat issues , so I called to cancel my reservation giving them 1 week notice. when I spoke to them they told me I would be getting "0" back ? they were going to keep my entire deposit?
I was not told this when I made my original reservation. Also the website states 25% not 100% of the deposit ?????
I will make sure that all my people on my mailing list is made aware of there bad business practices.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent much of my childhood in Florida back in the late 50s and early 60s. That Florida is mostly gone to busy cities, rushing traffic and crowded beaches. These days, a walk on a beach means constantly tiptoeing around a gazillion groups of people.

Not so along the Indian River. The area around Jensen Beach is relaxed with hospitable shop owners and graceful innskeepers.

River Palms was the site of a 50th Birthday gathering for my brother during spring of 2012. The cottages are ideal to accommodate family groups as well as a gaggle of fishermen (over the years, we've done both). The staff is gracious, responsive and made us feel at home. The breeze was cool and brisk and the mangrove snapper were biting.
Please note: River Palms is not slick, modern or glitzy. It is pure rustic charm, old-fashioned comfort and ultra-relaxing, from the chilled-out atmosphere to your own homecooked food.

If you miss the old Florida, find it beneath the swaying coconut trees at River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp along the Indian River ... bring your fishing pole.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The location of this property is fantastic, you actually get a feel for "old florida" charm. The cottages are old and yes probably need some major upgrades. However, the overall property makes up for the shortcomings in the cottage. We were here for a writer's conference and video shoot and everyone involved has enjoyed this place. The grounds are beautiful, the beach was perfect for launching kayaks and a sailboat. Because of how the property is "laid out" you don't feel like your in a resort but more like your visiting your aunt who has the small place on the water. This beats "new florida" style resorts anytime......

Room Tip: Make sure you get cottages with a water view. We stayed in 18 which was 4 bedroom, basically an old...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp? Share your experiences!