“Beautiful Hotel/Great Pool” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 15% Online
Norfolk
“Beautiful Hotel/Great Pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I remember when this property was the Comfort Inn - it had become old and outdated. BUT WOW! The Hampton Inn looks fantastic with it's super modern lounging area with flat screens all over! I love it! The staff was friendly and professional. My room (queen) was clean and beds were comfortable. I had a beautiful side view overlooking the pool and could see the ocean from my balcony. Breakfast items consisted of waffles (make your own), crockpot of oatmeal (my fave), hot biscuits - i couldn't resist!, juices, eggs, sausage, pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc. A coffee/tea area was set up near elevators and was fresh and replenished throughout the day. I used the office area space to work on my report - it consists of 2 large screen computers, one printer, and a xerox machine. I had no glitches - everything was great - took a lot of stress off of me. This hotel is oceanfront with easy beach access - just walk out door, turn left, thru gate, keep straight. I walked the beach area then came back and dangled my legs in the HEATED pool - it felt wonderul! My co-workers and I always stay at this hotel when we are working in JAX. It offers the federal government per diem rate. Excellent!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brad W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear TravelerGurlNorfolk,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your stay, and your impressions of the hotel. We take great pride in the hard work of the staff, and the new facilities. We hope to see you again in the future.

Brad Whitaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
In GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I am very picky when it comes to choosing hotels. After seeing that Hampton was ranked #2 for oceanfront hotels on Jacksonville Beach, we chose this one to stay in. We were greeted by a wonderful staff member and I believe her name is Andrea. She told us to check our room to see if the beach access was okay and when we weren't comfortable with it, she changed us to a higher room. She knew us by name when we came and went and always talked with us and our daughter, but not overly talkative. She complimented us when we were leaving for a birthday party and greeted us when we arrived late that night with the same smile and as energetic as earlier. The room was great and the balcony overlooking the ocean gave us an amazing view. While the room was excellent, the staff made it even better! Thanks!

Room Tip: Higher floors give a great view of the ocean!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear JGW912,

Thank you for the comments regarding youstay with us. We have passed along your wonderful comments about Andrea, and recognized her for her efforts. We appreciate you staying with us, and we hope to see you on a future stay as well.

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Checked in, Miss Betsy was working the front desk. She makes you feel welcome. Check-in was quick and very informative about the layout. Once we got situated in the room, the phone rang and it was Miss Betsy.....she was calling to make sure everything was good. WOW, never had that happen before. She really goes above and beyond!! KUDOS really go out to her. Very clean room, ocean-view, large balcony. Frig and microwave in room that is a + with me, need to keep drinks cold!! Walked around property and enjoyed the property and gym, breakfast area, front desk, even the beverage counter is a good idea. I would stay here again and recommend it!!

Room Tip: Oceanview.......beautiful view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear VanillaElla,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a response based on your stay with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We have passed along to Betsy all of the wonderful comments, and we have recognized her for her efforts.

We hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My family and I chose this location to stay for Thanksgiving and it was an excellent choice! The rooms were updated and very nice and comfortable. The service at this location was fantastic! We had 8 rooms at this time and there was some issues with the heaters. It is cold and turned the alarms on. I guess it makes sense that in Florida they do not use them very much but perhaps they can turn them due to its winter. Luckily there was always a smiling face at the front desk when there was a problem. This staff was so impressive!! All the girls were always trying to help. At the end of the stay one of the girls told me that Miss Betsy was the supervisor of this desk and it all made sense! Her positive energy and how she does her job is absolutely extrodinary that you can basically see how the other girls follow this positive influence and her training. From her helping the bar with their computer and her helping cleaning a spill. Her focus is one and it the guest. On thanksgiving there was no newspaper delivery, my elderly 80 year old grandmother wanted the black friday paper. Well she ended up sending someone to retrieve them from the gas station. The joy she brought on that breakfast ! No one missed out on deal.Made the women very happy. Sometimes the smallest gesture is the nicest. I could on and on and on all the gestures she does. Even before she stepped to the desk, she would say good morning to everyone at the hotel including breafast servers and housekeeping and all the guest in the breakfast area, she would even sit for second and have a conversation. The girls at the desk told us she always there for them and if need be she will be there 24 hours to make sure they are okay and the hotel. It is so nice to see how the hotel staff really adore her and further more all the guest sees everyday how she cares. Most hotels are never ever like this one! I hope upper management and corporate knows what wonderful hands they keep this hotel in. I wish the best for her and her staff- Andrea, Rebecca, Megan, Simone, and Rusty. . . .Thank you for a wonderful week! It ended up not being just a hotel stay, it ended up being a memory we will never forget!

Room Tip: If you need connecting rooms, call ahead. the best for kids!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear southernlady112,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach. We are thrilled that your stay was so enjoyable, and that all of the staff took such good care of you and your family. All of the staff read your wonderful comments, and we have passed along recognition to the staff for their efforts.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Schererville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this location in the beginning of October. I was very impressed with this hotel. Very clean, updated and great location. We had an oceanfront room, well worth the price! I was greeted with a school of dolphins playing in the ocean one morning, that I could clearly see from my balcony. The property has a great beach front "tiki" bar, that many of the locals seem to hang out and enjoy. I was, however, not impressed with Jacksonville Beach.
You could very easily walk a mile or two to shopping and or bars. Some people chose to rent bikes and bike along the strip, (this hotel does not offer bikes to rent). I wasn't at all happy with the oceanfront choices of nighttime dining. All the sport bar and clubs you could ask for, to see college football and sunday games. We were looking for some good seafood, to go along with the oceanfront, beach, pier.....NONE! Had to go inland, into the city of Jacksonville, or to the surrounding towns, for a nice dinner.
The staff at the hotel were more than accommodating, very friendly, very helpful and since we were with a group of 50, I was very impressed with how smoothly check in and out was.
Overall, if you're looking for some beach time and some night club life...place for you.

Room Tip: Ask to be on second floor or higher, if you get oceanfront room, view is obstructed on ground level.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Have usually stayed at the Courtyard next door, and we like it, but decided to give this property a try when Hampton took it over. Made a "trial" run earlier which was great and returned again w/ family. Ocean front room w/ beautiful view, outdoor pool was warm enough for swimming w/ grandchildren. Love the comfortable beds, which look so clean and inviting when you walk in.
Breakfast another plus, especially w/ children along, but the 'grownups " were pleased too! Customer service from the front desk to housekeeping was just great!. One of our rooms had a couple of minor problems, which were promptly corrected, and even had a nice note from management sent w/some treats. Totally unexpected! You can be sure we will return!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Riverview, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

it's another Hampton Inn, but not really. This one stands out with one particlular front desk clerk--Andrea--that never stopped smiling or trying to make your visit the best. This young lady was sincere and knew her guests. I sat waiting for a high school friend I had not seen in 20 years, and when I came back in she was excited to hear about our visit. I had sat for about 20 minutes awaiting for his arrival and watched her greeet guests, sell rooms, answer calls and make calls to guests to check their rooms. If anyone in Hampton;s corporate world is reading this review they need to capture this young lady and make her a front-desk trainer that they send around the country...she is good, really good!! Or move her to a Conrad in managment training.
Hotel is very nicely located near the beach. Easy to miss as the signs are small for the streets that will take you to it.
The oatmeal at breakfast was thick and watery unlike most Hampton's. It was more like what I cook at home. Nice roomy breakfast area. They have an outdoor bar but was closed due to inclement weather. Heated pool and very nice pool area. I will stay here on future trips to Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a balcony... They have roomy junior suites but they do not have a balcony. I recomme...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!