“Front Desk Staff Great Nice Location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 15% Online
Riverview, Florida
“Front Desk Staff Great Nice Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

it's another Hampton Inn, but not really. This one stands out with one particlular front desk clerk--Andrea--that never stopped smiling or trying to make your visit the best. This young lady was sincere and knew her guests. I sat waiting for a high school friend I had not seen in 20 years, and when I came back in she was excited to hear about our visit. I had sat for about 20 minutes awaiting for his arrival and watched her greeet guests, sell rooms, answer calls and make calls to guests to check their rooms. If anyone in Hampton;s corporate world is reading this review they need to capture this young lady and make her a front-desk trainer that they send around the country...she is good, really good!! Or move her to a Conrad in managment training.
Hotel is very nicely located near the beach. Easy to miss as the signs are small for the streets that will take you to it.
The oatmeal at breakfast was thick and watery unlike most Hampton's. It was more like what I cook at home. Nice roomy breakfast area. They have an outdoor bar but was closed due to inclement weather. Heated pool and very nice pool area. I will stay here on future trips to Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a balcony... They have roomy junior suites but they do not have a balcony. I recomme...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Aurora, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Spent the night here as my wife and I were picking up our daughter and her boyfriend at JAX on Saturday afternoon and wanted to get a glimpse of the ocean while we were on our driving trip across the Southeast US. We had a lot of trouble finding the hotel, not exactly sure what my GPS was doing but once we found it, check in was good. I really wanted a room on a higher floor but all they had was 1st floor oceanfront. If I had known the layout of the hotel, I probably would have picked something other than oceanfront as the door to the ocean was sealed (no screens on windows or door) and you could not leave it open, so no sleeping to the sound of the ocean. Actually, that proved to be a good thing as the next morning I woke up, went out on the patio, and there was a half-full beer can and some other trash on our patio. Never heard anyone out there during the night but that was a little scary. It is amazing to me that in November, they still charge over $150 for an oceanfront room but oh well, if you want the perks you have to pay. The room was comfortable, had everything you need and because we had AARP, we got a late checkout. Breakfast was typical at Hampton. Pool looked nice but there was a sign that the pool heater was broken and I sure wasn't going into 60 degree water. Overall, I would go for a room on a higher floor with a partial view, probably safer...

Room Tip: High floor, partial ocean view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brad W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear swf1107,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. I am extremely sorry that the stay was not a "wow" factor, which is our goal for every guest stay.

We did have an issue with the pool heater, and we are very happy that it is now fixed and 84 degrees again. Our pool is one of our signature features, and having a heated pool in the winter is obviously very important. We are very happy to have it back in full capacity.

We will look into the issue with the first floor balcony. Our guest security is our biggest priority and we take many steps to ensure that our guests are in a safe and secure environment. Thank you for letting us know so that we can become even more thorough in our efforts to ensure guest safety and comfort.

We hope that if in Jacksonville again, you decide tro stay with us, so that we may provide you with a "wow" experience.

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here Oct 29 for 4 nights, checking out on Fri, Nov 2. We were in town to see a relative come in on the Enterprise aircraft carrier at Mayport Naval Station. We were greeted by a sweet young lady, Andrea. She was ready to take care of our every need. We always have to have an accessible room and the one they had was very nice. We had a partial view of the ocean, but it was a good view....and we were over the beautiful pool and waterfall!!
Everything and everyone there was beyond nice. We very much enjoyed our stay and hope to go back sometime soon.

Room Tip: ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brad W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear CathyH,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We will make sure Andrea is commended and recognized for her efforts during your stay. All of the staff love receiving the feedback from our guests stays.

We want to thank your family member and all of the crew of the Enterprise for all of their hard work. We truly appreciate it.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in September while the hotel was hosting about 100 high school cross country teenagers. Needless to say, the Hotel staff had their hands full! We just want the GM to know that his hotel staff...at all levels...out-performed any employees we encountered at any of the many hotels we have visited in the last fifteen years! What could have been an uncomfortable experience for senior citizens, like ourselves, was orchestrated into an enjoyable and entertaining event for us, our kids and grand kids. Their housekeeping, front desk and complimentary breakfast crew were always personally and professionally accommodating, even during the chaos of a zillion teenagers inhabiting the various venues. If the manager Brad and the front desk customer service agent Betsy are able to provide such exceptional customer service during an onslaught of this many people...we are anxiously awaiting an opportunity to enjoy their hospitality on a quieter day in December! Thank you for making our family reunion and birthdays a very special occasion. In our humble opinion, these Hotel employees easily deserve the title of "Best Staff Ever"!! Food, Cleanliness, Views, Accommodations, Amenities and (of course) STAFF, were all five star. Mary & Jay, St Petersburg Florida

Room Tip: The building is shaped like a "T", with the top of the "T" facing the ocean. Al...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mary & Jay,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding Betsy, the entire staff, and you stay. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your business.

We are blessed to have such a wonderful staff. I will be sure to pass along the comments to Betsy and all of the staff and make sure everyone is commended for their hard work.

We hope you stay with us again!

Greenborrogh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was a beautiful hotel just steps from the beach. The rooms were clean and the beds are very comfy. The room overlooked their beautiful pool (I do wish the pool was a little warmer) Hot and free breakfast was delicious.

The entire staff was excellent and very friendly. Everyone always greeted us with a smile. Rori Stood out among this great group of people. She went out of her way to make sure we were all satisfied and chatted with us every morning. Very pleasant lady!

We will defiantly return to this hotel on our next visit to Jacksonville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was on a business trip and opted to stay on the beach. Normally I look for a higher end hotel but the Hampton Inn was on the beach and the other Hilton options were not. I am so glad I gave it try. This is an excellent hotel--not as many options like a spa etc but good clean quality rooms, breakfast, coffee in the lobby at all times etc. I opted for an ocean front room which was a great choice. I always end up working more that I think I will and it was a great place to watch waves and surfers while I completed reports. The pool is one of the stars of the show at this hotel. Usually hotel pools are small and overclorinated. This was a very large pool complete with waterfall. On my first day I looked for pool towels but didn't see any. I checked at the front desk and was given the towels there. The staff could not have been more helpful. I always ship materials to the hotel I am staying at with mixed results. This time everything was waiting for me. Not only is this a good hotel for business I would recommend it for vacationers as well. The beach is great, pool fantastic, rooms spacious and staff competent and friendly. Free breakfast is an added perk.

Room Tip: Go the extra for the ocean front rooms. very worth while
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I can't say enough about how friendly and accomidating the staff was. I stayed for several days for work, and it was nice to start the day with fresh warm breakfast, and end the day by the tiki bar looking at the ocean. Would highly recomend! The beach bars and restraunts only a few blocks away - less than a mile walk or a 5 min drive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!