Spent the night here as my wife and I were picking up our daughter and her boyfriend at JAX on Saturday afternoon and wanted to get a glimpse of the ocean while we were on our driving trip across the Southeast US. We had a lot of trouble finding the hotel, not exactly sure what my GPS was doing but once we found it, check in was good. I really wanted a room on a higher floor but all they had was 1st floor oceanfront. If I had known the layout of the hotel, I probably would have picked something other than oceanfront as the door to the ocean was sealed (no screens on windows or door) and you could not leave it open, so no sleeping to the sound of the ocean. Actually, that proved to be a good thing as the next morning I woke up, went out on the patio, and there was a half-full beer can and some other trash on our patio. Never heard anyone out there during the night but that was a little scary. It is amazing to me that in November, they still charge over $150 for an oceanfront room but oh well, if you want the perks you have to pay. The room was comfortable, had everything you need and because we had AARP, we got a late checkout. Breakfast was typical at Hampton. Pool looked nice but there was a sign that the pool heater was broken and I sure wasn't going into 60 degree water. Overall, I would go for a room on a higher floor with a partial view, probably safer...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy private access to the beach for breathtaking sunrises over the Atlantic Ocean. We also offer the largest swimming pool on the beach, a 120-foot heated pool and hot whirlpool grotto, featuring four waterfalls cascading from sculptured rock formations. Unwind in one of our spacious guest rooms and find everything you need for a comfortable stay. Surf the web with free high-speed internet access and enjoy a restful sleep in the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. For extra space and a touch of luxury, step up to one of the hotel's stylish suites, offering upgraded amenities such as a spacious work area with ergonomic desk chair. Catch up with work in the hotel’s fully equipped business center or make the most of your leisure time with a workout in the fitness center. The hotel offers a free hot breakfast buffet, Relax at the Tides Bar while enjoying one of your favorite libations or purchase lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Oceanfront Hotel Jacksonville Beach
- Comfort Inn Jacksonville Beach
- Jacksonville Beach Comfort Inn