“Great Stay: Beautiful Hotel, Friendly Staff and Clean Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 15% Online
Greenborrogh
“Great Stay: Beautiful Hotel, Friendly Staff and Clean Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was a beautiful hotel just steps from the beach. The rooms were clean and the beds are very comfy. The room overlooked their beautiful pool (I do wish the pool was a little warmer) Hot and free breakfast was delicious.

The entire staff was excellent and very friendly. Everyone always greeted us with a smile. Rori Stood out among this great group of people. She went out of her way to make sure we were all satisfied and chatted with us every morning. Very pleasant lady!

We will defiantly return to this hotel on our next visit to Jacksonville.

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was on a business trip and opted to stay on the beach. Normally I look for a higher end hotel but the Hampton Inn was on the beach and the other Hilton options were not. I am so glad I gave it try. This is an excellent hotel--not as many options like a spa etc but good clean quality rooms, breakfast, coffee in the lobby at all times etc. I opted for an ocean front room which was a great choice. I always end up working more that I think I will and it was a great place to watch waves and surfers while I completed reports. The pool is one of the stars of the show at this hotel. Usually hotel pools are small and overclorinated. This was a very large pool complete with waterfall. On my first day I looked for pool towels but didn't see any. I checked at the front desk and was given the towels there. The staff could not have been more helpful. I always ship materials to the hotel I am staying at with mixed results. This time everything was waiting for me. Not only is this a good hotel for business I would recommend it for vacationers as well. The beach is great, pool fantastic, rooms spacious and staff competent and friendly. Free breakfast is an added perk.

Room Tip: Go the extra for the ocean front rooms. very worth while
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I can't say enough about how friendly and accomidating the staff was. I stayed for several days for work, and it was nice to start the day with fresh warm breakfast, and end the day by the tiki bar looking at the ocean. Would highly recomend! The beach bars and restraunts only a few blocks away - less than a mile walk or a 5 min drive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rockford, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for an extended weekend 10/4 -10/8 when the Chicago Bears played in town. I struggled with making the decision about where to stay for weeks! I am so glad I picked the HI. It was clearly the best choice for us once we got there and saw other nearby options.
Being from Chicago, we were specifically looking for the beach experience for our getaway,not just a hotel in Jacksonville. Having traveled all over Mexico and the Caribean, staying in predominantly AI hotels, we have gotten spoiled! A lot of the hotels in the beach cities really didn't seem to offer much but tiny pools in the parking lot. The pool and Tiki Bar at the HI really made the few days we had feel like vacation. I loved the beachy decor and vibe the hotel offers.
It appears there used to maybe be a bar inside and that would sure be a welcome addition for the nighttime since the Tiki closes kind of early, but we enjoyed that outdoor area a lot.
The breakfast was not what we are used to, it was very crowded and seemed disorganized, but it was nice to have that included. I hate having to get up in the morning and forage for food. I don't like decision making that early, unless it is whether I should sit at the pool or on the beach.
I agree with the other comments I've read about the staff. They were great from the moment we arrived. We had a very early flight and they let us check-in hours before the stated time. The ladies and gentleman I had contact with were all very accomodating and nice. They helped with any need we had from restaurant suggestions to calling a cab with a smile. We met family and friends in Jacksonville, but really wouldn't have needed to travel that far for anything. There were a lot of unique places to eat and drink within walking distance or a very short drive. Not big chains that offer the same thing I can get at home. We loved watching college football at Sneakers and having dinner at a pub that was Edgar Allan Poe themed called Poe's Tavern.
I wish I had gotten the name of the wonderful bartender who took care of us at the Tiki Bar multiple times during our stay. She was awesome! (Look for the tiny blond) There was a poolside server on the weekend. Nice touch!!
The room we had was oceanfront and worth the extra money. I'm a sucker for sitting on a balconey listening to waves.
There was not only a bed, but a couch and sitting area, fridge, micro etc. and I did not book a suite. In my opinion the bed and pillows were really good for a hotel. The linens smelled nice.
I would offer just a few suggestions for minor improvements, unless I missed the boat and just didn't see what I should have when it comes to these things.
Beach/pool towels - We did not know where to get towels for the pool/beach and we didn't see any signs about that during the week. On the weekend there was an attendant at the pool with towels which was great.
We had no idea where the people on the beach got chairs and cabanas. On our last day, again on the weekend, we figured out there is a vendor who rents them. Information about this type of service would have been great to have in the room.
The bathroom needs an exhaust fan. Man it stayed humid in there for a while after a shower. That was not the best environment to get ready in.
We were concerned about traveling the distance to the game and back, so we'd made reservations for the day of the game downtown. When the time came we didn't want to leave and actually found out the hotel was making shuttle arrangements for their guests. That should have been advertised. I never would have left.
If the Bears come back to Jax, offering a game package would be great. I'm in for sure :)

Room Tip: Go for the oceanfront it is not that much more and worth it! We had the 7th floor view was awesome.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend to attend a wedding. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us when we arrived early and had to get ready for the wedding. They were very friendly and quick to help when needed. It has been a long time since I have experienced staff like they have here. It has recently been renovated. The pool area has both sun and shade areas. The bar along the beach has a beautiful view. The complimentary breakfast included hot items and varied every day we were there. It is within walking distance to restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a beachfront room, first floor and could walk out of our room onto the beach. I would recomm...
North Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend, our first trip ever to the JAX area. This hotel is, like most Hampton Inns, at medium-level for luxury. The standard rooms and the higher-priced rooms differ only in that the former look out onto the parking lot while the latter look out onto the pool, which is spectacular and separates the hotel itself from the gorgeous, flat beach. We prefer to save our money with a standard room, and to enjoy the pool and the beach. Pool staff distribute free towels for use at the pool or on the beach, which was greatly appreciated. The room was fine, nothing special at all, not brand new but not in need of renovations either. Hot morning breakfast is included and is most welcome -- eggs are not made to order, though. All in all, a very good (though not an excellent) hotel and very good value for the money. Recommended for a beach vacation.

Room Tip: Poolfront rooms are more expensive, and have less privacy from the balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I just wanted to getaway for the weekend. This hotel was awesome! The breakfast was great and the staff was THE BEST EVER! Our kids love the beach and this hotel is definitely in the BEST spot for them to visit.

Room Tip: HIgher floors have a better view of the beach!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!