“This place has been here forever and this is why....” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
“This place has been here forever and this is why....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I have been here numerous times and everything is always good. Very consistant and you always get a great people watching experience. Wings, and beer buckets are key but everything is good. Nice laid back atmosphere. Makes for a great evening with friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Maryland
“TERRIBLE. DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

UGH! DO NOT be fooled by the fantastic location and get the urge to stop here to chill. KEEP WALKING! Oh how I wish I would have read the reviews prior to coming here! Ugh! 100% agree with the previous reviewer (aemmons). Don't know where to start.. lets see... We ordered chicken wings, a sampler platter, and a fried shrimp/clam platter. The sampler platter consisted of conch fritters, alligator bites, cheese sticks, and potato skins. Our order took 45minutes to be delivered. The server said it was because of a new cook and wanted to ensure it wasn't because of him..really? And no it was NOT busy. We weren't extremely hungry and enjoying each other's company - so we weren't in a big hurry. However, when our food arrived we were not impressed. The cheese sticks and potato skins were straight out of a grocery freezer isle, the conch fritters were overly breaded and burnt, the alligator bites tasted old and inedible, the wings were average and overcooked, and the fried shrimp and clams breaded was YUCK! Yes, these people use OLD oil and fry EVERYTHING to death. Yes this place IS hole in the wall DUMP WITH a great location. Should have known about this place since I didn't see any locals here. Ugh! Lucky for this establishment I didn't have my camera! Someone needs to call Robert Irvine from Restaurant Impossible! Unfortunately, I suspect the only reason this place will stay in business is that they will continue to take advantage of unsuspecting tourists who are just trying to look for a place to relax. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED

Visited July 2012
winter garden, FL
“If a NEGATIVE SCORE was possible....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Worst place i've been to in my ENTIRE life! Filthy, Hole-In-The-Wall DUMP with a FANTASTIC location right on the beach. Took 1.5 hours to get our food (an NO- it was not busy). Open kitchen with health hazzards in every place... i just wish i'd have seen this first and I would NEVER have eaten here. Everything fried in old oil., cooks used the same gloves to take out the trash as they did to handle raw food, filth in every crevice of the kitchen, raw fish and chicken sitting out. YOU WILL GET SICK EATHING HERE. We asked to talk to the manager and were told by the server,.... "oh no, you wont want to talk to Nicole". LOL! Beyond belief, we were cracking up the whole time it was THAT bad!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Waste of Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

While visiting Jacksonville Beach from Jacksonville one day, as I was on the beach, it neared lunchtime and I checked Trip Advisor for lunch suggestions. The closest restaurant to me, Bukkets, had overall good reviews, and was within a few minutes walkin distance.

Upon walking in, the sign says to seat yourself, so I found a nice table on the patio, in some shade. I sat...and sat...and sat, while the two tables behind me were services by one waitress, and a table a few spots up was serviced by another. After a lengthy 15 minutes, in which time I had already heard the drink specials a few times from other tables, and decided what I would like to order...I left, and still was not spoken to by a single member of the staff. I understand that as a beachfront eatery the atmosphere is typically a little more relaxed...but to the point of total disregard for a patron?

I found my way out the door, and around the corner to Blue Water Island Grill...where they had an awesome margarita drink special, and two $5 lunch specials to choose from. The wait staff was pleasant and attentive, and the atmosphere is just as relaxed as Bukkets.

I am highly recommending Blue Water.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Late night eating so-so, but a fun, laid-back place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place was next door to our hotel so we visited it on a Friday night. It wasn't very late (maybe 9:30pm) but they only had a late night menu available. This included appetizer/bar food stuff like wings, fried calamari, cheese sticks, etc. We sat outside and I'm sure this area is fun during the day when many folks are on the boardwalk area and going to the beach. We ordered wings and calamari and both were good, but nothing fantastic. The beer was cheap and cold. The inside had pool tables and a big bar area. I would have liked to have been able to enjoy the regular menu since many on TA say that the food is very good. I would visit again if I were wanting to enjoy a very laid-back and casual place to hang out.

• Visited June 2012