“OK food, but pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Jacksonville Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Pacific Rim
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Bus & local trolley stop directed in front of the restaurant
Description: The legendary culinary vision of Roy Yamaguchi can be enjoyed right here in Jacksonville Beach. At Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine, our menu features the finest seafood with a focus on delicacies from the oceans around Hawaii. Each creation is a fusion of flavors found in our freshest local ingredients with European sauces and bold Asian spices and served with the spirit of Aloha, creating a dining experience that leaves you feeling like you’ve found paradise. The Jacksonville Beach restaurant is located along route A1A between JT Butler Highway and Beach Blvd and features an exhibition kitchen with a sushi counter and two private rooms that accommodate up to 60 guests. Chef Adam Hyatt brings his imagination and artistry to the plate every night. It is our pleasure to welcome you into our Ohana and we look forward to serving you.
Virginia Beach, VA
“OK food, but pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ended up there while on vacation with some friends. It is a chain of Hawaiian "fusion" seafood restaurants, although I saw nothing really Hawaiian about it except the prices. We ordered calamari as an appetizer. We (my husband, friends and I) have had much better and we felt like the portion was small for the price. My entree was grilled shrimp and it was tough (overcooked). I was afraid to send it back because it took so long to get it. My husband had Filet mignon that he said was ok.."nothing special for the price". No one in our group raved about their meal, they just said it was ok. Needless to say we were not impressed by the food, portions nor the prices. If we see another Roy's on vacation (there isn't one in our hometown), we'll just pass it by.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville FL
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Roy's is delicious and happy hour is fantastic. Very attendtive service even when I took my 8 year old the other night!

Visited July 2012
Long Island
“Good - Yes. Number 1 - NO!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Roys is a Hawaiian theme seafood restaurant chain. They do a good job with fresh and tasty meals with a Hawaiian twist. I find myself at this or other Roys more often than just about any chain restaurant (including McDonalds) in the world. I know what to expect and it's always decent so when the options are limited it is a good choice. How it is the number one restaurant in Jax Beach I do not know.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Always Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Roy's always is consistently good food and good service. We always bring our guests here when they are in town. We have been here about 12 times and have never been let down. Keep up the good work!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville
“Serving too small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The portioning is too small compared to other bistros. I would think with the price I paid that I could leave the place satisfied. I had to eat a snack when I got home.

Visited March 2012