“Terrific stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pembroke PInes, Florida
“Terrific stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed here over July 4th weekend when the beach was pretty packed. Our room was in the back of the hotel - it was very quiet and the room was very nicely arranged, plenty of counter space, and an extremely comfortable bed and VERY CLEAN. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The buffet breafkast, taste-wise, is one of the best I have had at a hotel that provides breakfast.
Although the hotel is not on the ocean, it is only .7 of a mile away and the hotel sometimes has transportation, or can provide a parking pass at their sister hotel, the Quality Suites, which is on the ocean. Our stay here totally lived up to our expectations and TripAdvisor's recommendations by others. I can't say anything negative about it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
johnbaird3, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Thank you TripAdvisor member from Pembroke Pines for your recent review. We are pleased that the hotels features and benefits exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Jacksonville Beach area. As you mentioned, we do have transportation to and from the beach, plus the guests may use the facilities at the Quality Suites. Again, thanks for taking time out of your schedule to write your comments and we look forward in seeing you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Hotel is walking distance to beach. Rooms are all updated and very clean. Breakfast was good and beds are comfortable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you TripAdvisor member from St. Augustine for your recent review. The staff and management is please that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to comment on the hotel and we look forward in seeing your the near future.
Sinking Spring, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

This hotel bent over backwards to accomodate our stay. I cannot say enough about the front desk employees, especially Shawn Le Noble, but they were all very friendly. We enjoyed our rooms with comfortable beds, pillows & coverings. Best sleep that we have had in a hotel in long time.I have recommended this hotel to my family & friends. In fact my sister will be staying there next month, when she will be visiting our aunt, who lives just 3 blocks away. How convient can that be, when visiting our relatives in JAK Beach. Make sure you are very good to her also!!!! Don't prove me wrong! Thanks for our great vacation in Fl.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
johnbaird3, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Thank you TripAdvisor member from Sinking Springs, Pa. for your wonderful review. Our staff really appreciates your comments and will continue to show their friendly and helpful attitude while working with our guests. We are also pleased that your stay with us was comfortable. We will look forward in welcoming your sister next month to the Holiday Inn Express and to Jacksonville Beach. Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your comments with us.
Pensacola, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

My stay at the Holiday Inn Express was fantastic! I was in town to visit family and take a much needed break from the day to day hassles of life. From the moment I walked into this hotel, I felt like each and every person working there were longtime friends. They were so friendly and welcoming, which is wonderful to someone travelling alone and getting to a hotel at midnight! Check in process went quickly and it was easy to find where I was going in the hotel. Entering the room was a treat as it was very clean and the lighting was great. There were definitely some great touches put into this hotel from the "night light" in the bathroom to the iPod player that dims at night to the great TV and DVD player! The traveller's comfort was well thought out here and was a nice change from the regular "hotel" stay. The incedible staff, management and hotel were all wonderful and well worth my vacation dollars! It was a shame to leave and I enjoyed every moment of my stay in this hotel. I really look forward to a return stay soon and will definitely make this hotel my first choice!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
johnbaird3, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach, responded to this review, May 17, 2010
Thanks you TripAdvisor member from Pensacola, Fl. for your review. The stafff and management is thrilled that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. The hotel staff is great with customer service and attention to detail. Housekeeping continues to get top grades for cleanliness of the guest rooms and public areas. Many features of the hotel continues to surprise our guests and we soon see them as repeat customers. Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us and other TripAdvior members and we look forward in seeing you in the near future.
Verona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Stayed here for one night on our way to southern Florida and was very impressed. The hotel employees were very friendly and very helpful. The rooms were beautifully decorated, modern and clean. The bathroom had a large soaking tub, large stall shower and was also very modern and clean. We had a Kids Suite which had a separate area with bunk beds and a flat screen TV. Overall, we had a great stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thank you TripAdvisor from Verona for your recent review. We are pleased that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us while visiting the Jacksonville Beach area. As you mentioned, the features and benefits really tells the story of the hotel. The staff is always ready to go out of their way to assist our guests in a friendly and helpful manner. The kids suites is our number one request by families staying with us. The privacy of the bunk beds and their own LCD TV, children soon realize they are in their own little world. We do appreciate the time you took out of your schedule to write us your comments and we look forward in seeing you in the near future.
Lexington, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

I traveled to Jacksonville with my husband and two kids for spring break. I would definitely have rented a condo or stayed at the Quality Suites on the beach if I had it to do over again. In fact, we left a day early and stayed in Atlanta because we weren't really having much fun.

As with all Holiday Inn Expresses, the rooms are clean comfortable and spacious. We stayed in the Kid's Suite with the bunk beds and the kids loved it. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Now, here's the stuff that kind of put a damper on our trip.

1. It is a bit farther from the beach then we would have liked. I was expecting a couple blocks and it takes about 15 minutes at a fast stroll to get there. Too far to walk with all your beach stuff. (Btw, I love to walk and I am an active person.)

2. The pool was covered with shade by the building by 4 o'clock everyday. This made it cold this time of year. The hotel also says the pool is heated, but the water was pretty cold. Hard, uncomfortable chairs by the pool and only about 10 loungers in all.

3. Out of the 5 mornings we ate breakfast, they ran out of food on 4. We always had to wait for more food to come out and there was never enough. If they advertise the buffet to last till 10, then we should be able to get food at 9:30 or even up to 10 for that matter. Horrible service here. The dining area was dirty and not cleaned up until after breakfast was over.

4. When I arrived, they charged my debit card an additional $100 over the cost of the room. They didn't bother to tell me this when I checked in. Even though this was pending and they said it would drop off after I checked out, this tied up my checking account. They called my bank and tried to remove the charge, but after multiple faxes and three days, it still hadn't been fixed. I ended up calling myself for two days and finally had it removed. I have never stayed at a hotel that charged you before you checked out and also charged additional money to make sure you "don't trash the room". This is a bad policy and should be changed.

4. Unfortunately, we only had one night of a peaceful sleep. The remaining nights we stayed, there were a group of young, loud kids on a trip. The "rap" music and phone calls to our room all hours of the night made it impossible to sleep. Not to mention, every morning at 7:00 am, the adult leader of this group beat on the girls' doors and screamed for them to get up for several minutes until they answered. You would think people would just use the phone and not be so rude. I know this is not the hotel's fault, but it was just icing on the cake at this point. The walls are thin!!!

I would never stay here again in a million years. This is unfortunate because we are priority members and stay at Holiday Inn Expresses all the time. We have never had a bad experience before. The reason this hotel is rated #1 in Jacksonville Beach is because there are no hotels other than the Quality Suites on the beach. This beach is full of condos. My suggestion is to rent one of the condos or pay a little more for the Quality Suites. It is in a great location and has balconies overlooking the beautiful beach.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
johnbaird3, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
Thank you TripAdvisor member from Lexington, KY for sharing your experience with us and TripAdvisor members. We take all reviews seriously if our guests have concerns about their quality of stay and service while at the Holiday Inn Express. Concerning the distance to the beach, we are reviewing all our websites to be sure that we explain to our future guests that the beach is more than a few block away. Also, we do have daily and weekend shuttle service to our (sister property)Quality Suites Hotel which is on the beach. The location of the swimming pool was constructed, so that we would have maximum exposure from the sun from around 8:00am - 3:30pm for our guests. We will continue to do our breakfast to the best of our ability and at times when the breakfast area is full, we may tend to run out of an item or two, however we try to get the back up food out as soon as possible. In reference to your debit card being charges the extra $100.00 is for any incidential charges. When guests check in, they initial our hotel policies, that by using a debit card a 20% charge will be posted on their debit card and the bank may hold that amount for up to seven days. We are looking into the (via security cameras') noise from the group of children you have mentioned and to see why no complaints were made by other guests. Jacksonville Beach now has many condo's, however in addition to the Quality Suites there are 3 other major hotels on the beach just north of the Quality. We do appricate you comments concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and we will continue to monitior your statements. Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to advise us of your concerns and if you have any other questions please let know.
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I stayed there for 10 days at the end of January of 2010. I had a wonderful time. The room was perfect for my needs. I had internet access which was needed as I was in Jacksonville for some photography work. The area was safe and secure. It is a short maybe 10 12 minute walk to the beach, so that in the summer a family could park at the motel and walk to the beach in a short time and not have to worry about parking.

The best thing however, was the staff. Josh, Mike, Teresa all were very friendly, helpful, and made you feel welcome each time you walked by the desk. Any time I needed a question answered about locations in Jacksonville, directions, each of these fine people were more than helpful.
If I can stay there at an extended stay of 2 months next winter at a reasonable price for extended stay, I hope to stay there again and will look no further.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
johnbaird3, Public Relations at Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach, responded to this review, March 26, 2010
Thank you TripAdvisor from Memphis for your most recent review. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the features and benefits of the hotel while visiting the Jacksonville Beach area. The staff that you mentioned, is what customer service is all about. Going out of their way to accommodate our guests needs, is our number one priority. Concerning your future stay next year with us, you would have to contact the management concerning your request of accommodations Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write your comments and we look forward in seeing you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach? Share your experiences!