“Pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
$20 Daily Credit
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this hotel. Our stay here was so relaxing. When I chose this location I was not expecting too much from the hotel with amenities. We were wrong. The staff were great, there is a concierge desk with a very helpful woman, a great pool with a bar, a lovely beach and another bar inside with the restaurant. You can so rent beach stuff from a vendor located next door and they can room charge it for you. They were great too.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My visit here was 5-14 thru 5-17 with my girlfriend. The hotel here was fantastic. Oceanview. Clean. New. All the amenities. Just exceptional. However in all my reviews I've never nitpicked. Ever. About anything. I'm not that type. But with this review I have to inform the hotel about the housekeeper for room 356. Three nights. Three blatant episodes that I interpreted of getting back at customers. The first one involved the bathroom. The second one on a bed. The third one by the front door. The last two not that bad. But coupled with the first one and the intention was obvious. I spent many years cleaning places before I made a career change, and know and realize the work and occupation. Again management should take a hard look at this person I've referred to here. Thanks.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The staff really makes the experience. The front desk is very welcoming, even if you dont have a reservation, and they are booked solid. They were so helpful and willing to go out of their way to find accomodations. The housekeeping staff is friendly and very efficient. What good is the former is if the later doesnt keep up their end. The rooms are clean, very comfortable and the service is wonderful. We will stay there again, if they can accomodate us! Highly recommend the location and facility.

Room Tip: Well we were beggers since we didnt have a reservation and it was golf tournament weekend. Stay to...
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just returned from an extended stay at this hotel – this is the place to stay when you are at Jacksonville beach !
The location is great – right at the beach and the ocean just a few steps away.
Booking a room with an ocean view is a must – nothing is better than sitting on the balcony and relaxing in front of the waves.
The hotel is very clean, nicely designed and accommodating. You can easily feel that this is a well-managed establishment. After meeting the manager, Alex Rietter, it is obvious that his professionalism and attitude are an inspiration for the entire staff and that leads to high standards of service and hospitality. The staff at the reception and the concierge were very polite, friendly and went out of the way to help us.
The breakfast buffet was very good, fresh and plentiful. The hotel also provides free coffee and tea in the Lobby (and sometimes cookies).
Excellent accommodations, excellent service, excellent location – this is the place to stay at when you are in Jacksonville Florida !

Room Tip: ocean front is a must
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel in order to attend my daughter's graduation from law school on Sunday, May 19, 2013. On arriving in Jacksonville for brunch prior to the graduation ceremony, I realized that I had left the camera in our hotel room. I contacted the front desk of this hotel and spoke with Lisa Schultz and advised her that we needed the camera to take pictures at the graduation ceremony. Ms. Schultz, at my request, retrieved the camera from my room and I had asked her to place it in the cab to send the restuarant where we were eating. About 45 minutes after speaking with Ms. Schultz, she arrived at the restaurant and personally delivered the camera to me. I was so pleased with the oustanding service that I felt that I needed to write and thank her for her service above and beyond her normal duties.

Are stay at the hotel was delightful and the courtesy shown to my family will not be forgotten.
fsullyc

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Overall we had a great time. The only bad thing is the lack of parking. We had to park across the street two nights. For what we paid we should have had a parking spot! other than the parking everything was great

• Stayed May 2013
Jonesboro, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I had to go to Jacksonville on business for a few days and decided to stay at the beach since it was off-season and rates were good. Booked a Junior Suite for not much more than a regular ocean-front room, which was nice. When we arrived early, the room wasn't ready yet - and housekeeping notified them that the room was going to need major work after the previous inhabitants left the room. This was at 2:30 - the check-in time is 4 PM, but instead of making us wait or making excuses, they not only immediately upgraded us to an Executive Suite but gave us passes to the buffet breakfast which ordinarily doesn't come with the rooms. This was above and beyond the call of duty. The room was great. The property is very nice, the pool and hot tub are nice, and it all is right on the beach. We had a good time and the staff was very helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: An oceanfront balcony is always nice - especially if you like to welcome the sun coming up over the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!