“Good Value; Nice View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Connecticut
“Good Value; Nice View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Room was oceanfront with a balcony, under $200 per night; great value. Furniture was showing some wear and tear and could use updating soon. Parking was at a premium on site, but luckily, Marriott has a property right across the street that had plenty of extra parking spaces. Public areas were clean but dated in decor. Staff was great. Facility is not close to anything except the water; you need to drive about five to ten minutes to find a good restaurant for dinner. Atlantic (Neptune) Beach has lots of great restaurant choices and is about seven minutes away, but has severe parking limitations, and is just far enough away to make walking there impractical. This is not a true destination resort area, so don't plan on coming for a week unless you just want to lie on the beach (which is VERY narrow). We were in town to spend time with friends and this hotel worked out well for that.

Room Tip: Pay the extra tariff for an oceanfront room, otherwise this is just another average hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This has become our hotel of choice when in Jax for business or for pleasure! The oceanview rooms with balconies are great! We love hearing the ocean and watching the dolphins from our room. This is one of the few places where the air doesn't shut off when you open the doors. The staff is always fabulous, friendly, and very helpful. This chain puts out cookies in the afternoon for guests; my son has a peanut allergy and without my asking they offered to bake some cookies for him so he could enjoy without cross-contamination issues - very thoughtful! The beds are Tempurpedic, so some apparently either love 'em or hate 'em. I am indifferent. There are lots of great restaurants in the area, but what I loved most of all is how "un"-touristy the area is. My kids and I rented bikes right next door to the hotel that the concierge recommended. They were very reasonable and in great shape. You can ride for miles along the beach and through the residential area next door. They will also rent out beach chairs, equipment, etc., but my suggestion is to pack a folding chair if you want to be near the beach - at least during the winter time when thing are very slow. This hotel is a great choice if you are in the Jax area!

Room Tip: The 2 suites are very nice, but be forewarned that if you want to hear the ocean at night, the bedro...
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I found this hotel by doing an internet search. You never know what you are going to get.... However, our stay was perfect. Front desk was nice at check in and check out. Our room was oceanfront on the 5th floor (high enough to not be bothered by pool traffic) with a perfect view. I thought our room was nice and roomy and up to date. We enjoyed the balcony. We were traveling with 3 mountain bikes and there was plenty of room to store them in our room. No one gave us a hard time about transporting them up and down the elevator. We of course made sure they were clean before bringing them in! The hotel is not pet friendly, which we like since we don't want to think about sharing a bed with someone's dog. However, both my husband and I think we heard a small dog bark one night or morning. Just made me wonder. The cleaning staff was very friendly and provided us extra "stuff" when we asked. Oh yes, and the price was very reasonable. Less than $200/night which seems to be about the going rate any more. Also the location was great and it appeared to have one of the nicest pools in the selection of hotels. It was at the end of Jacksonville Beach bumping up against Neptune Beach which is very residential. Not too close to the pier and all the business that went on in that area. We would go back.

Room Tip: Oceanfront and up high and away from the elevator. There are only 6 floors (for normal folks) and w...
Jacksonville Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I paid for an ocean front room. Technically the room was ocean front but 4 feet of the balcony was the wall of the restaurant downstairs and at 4 feet you looked across the roof. I had a view of the roof of the restaurant and an exhaust fan for 190.00 dollars. When I went to the front desk to check out I said I was disappointed that my room was misrepresented and she told me it was my fault I booked with expedia. I actually thought I had booked through the Marriot Website. At any rate don't book rooms on the second floor from about room 214 to room 230 unless you enjoy restaurant rooftop views.

I also had the pleaseure of being there the weekend that time changed for daylight savings. I did check out on time but many didn't realize the time change or overslept. Instead of the front desk women on Sunday morning being compassionate and ftexible they were rude and disrespectful to guests. I was sitting by the desk waiting for a friend and watched as people wererushing to check out. When one guest apologized profusely for being late (11:20) The desk clerk said "excuses, excuses we did have signs in the elevators." Another guest checked out shortly after that and got a yeah yeah response. I was appalled at how rude these two desk clerks were and it is unlikely I will ever book with Marriot again. My experience at a Hilton Garden Inn two weeks earlier was head and shoulders above this establishment. The staff here really made you feel like you were lucky to be there and owed them something as opposed to honoring the guest and valueing thier business as job security.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was my third time staying at this property in the past two years so obviously I like it. Mostly, I enjoy the location and the hotel amenities. It is easy to walk to the "downtown" areas of either Jax Beach, Neptune Beach or Atlantic Beach. Each morning I would wake up, go for a run and start my day with a coffee down the street. It is so nice to not have to use a car when on vacation!

This Marriott property itself has a wonderful pool (although it is usually supposed to be heated, it was not when we were there), great jacuzzi, and a fire pit to warm yourself up if you happen to be visiting during a cold time of the year (which unfortunately we were!). It is located right on a very uncrowded, safe beach. I absolutely think it is worth the upgrade to get one of the oceanfront rooms or suites.

The only criticism I have is the rooms themselves. The bathrooms could use a bit of updating (some cracked tiles or a little mold towards the bottom of the shower). The balconies also are a little small -if you have friends staying at the property with you and you all want to be outside on a balcony enjoying a sunset cocktail it can be tough. A way to avoid this is to upgrade to a suite because once we had a suite we could have fit 10 people on our balcony, no problem! There is also very little refrigerator space if you want to keep anything in the fridge while you're there.

Otherwise, this is one of my favorite weekend getaways and I will certainly be back!

Room Tip: It is worth it to upgrade to a suite or an ocean view. Why stay on the ocean and not be able to loo...
Medford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels to stay at when I go to Jacksonville! It is in a great destination being it is on the oceanfront and close enough to travel to St Augustine! I will start with the lobby which is eye catching when you enter the hotel, the staff are all so friendly and helpful at the desk. They have complementary hot coffee and tea all day and evening, and in the summer a drink cooler full with a cold drink .
They have an amazing view of the ocean while you have breakfast, you can sit inside or out, and the staff are so lovely. You can purchase the buffet or the menu. A nice start of the day!
At night time, they have an open fire pit outside and we meet people from all over! They have a bar that you can purchase a drink and sit by the fire, which we love after a long day.
The rooms are clean and bright, and comfy! The pool and hot tub are located outside all day for your pleasure. I would go back in a second when I go back. Great Place!

Room Tip: Oceanfront..... great scenery!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Staff at this resort went above and beyond - helping me locate items we had forgotten in room and did not realize at first. They found everything 3 weeks later and mailed them to us. Service at this level does not exist at all hotels. Hotel is beautiful - great oceanfront views. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!