Stayed here for 1 night visiting my son in Atlantic Beach for his birthday....just a few miles up the road....had dinner up that way & there were tons of dining options but it was PACKED on a Saturday evening! It is the place to go!
The view from the hotel lobby is just stunning.
After a tease with the lobby view, went up to our room--can't remember the floor but it was low & had a balcony & could see nothing but the rooftop....I mean nothing and I don't mean to really complain about that because I got a great deal on this hotel & it was clearly stated "no view"....ok, ok....no biggie but hubby said "go ahead & call the desk & just ask if they have something on a higher floor"....the clerk said "sure, no problem, come on down & we will change your room". Gather all our stuff, schlep them to elevator, down to the desk we went....walk into the next room....whoa, parking lot. Guess I made a mistake when I asked for a room on a "higher floor"....should have specified "with a view"....but couldn't he have said "yes, we have a higher floor but it will not have a view"....could have saved us all that "schlepping" after a very long day & only 30 minutes to get ready for son's birthday dinner---- Didn't really matter & the guy probably thought he was being helpful but at the time, it was annoying to us! Guess we were happier with the parking lot view anyways because the "roof" was just a tease cuz you knew the ocean was right there out in front of it!
Prior visit, I stayed at the Fairfield across the street which is just as fine; figured we would try the Courtyard this time for comparison. We were on such a rushed trip, we did not get to enjoy the pool or beach which looked lovely. Walked by the fire pit which looked very nice but there was a large group taking it over & you could not edge our way in for even a sliver of warmth....
Had a very quick breakfast in the morning....standard fare, friendly server....eggs were not very good (powered, I guess?).
I would not hesitate to stay here again; great location; easy free parking, rooms are fine.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront Hotel Jacksonville Beach
- Courtyard By Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront Hotel
- Courtyard Jacksonville Beach
- Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
- Jacksonville Beach Marriott
- Jacksonville Beach Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront has spacious and comfortable guestrooms for you to enjoy along with the many amenities and close proximity to Jacksonville Beach attractions. Just a half hour from downtown Jacksonville and minutes away from some of the best shopping in the area, Jacksonville Beach is a great destination for business travelers or the family vacationers. Guests can sit on their balcony and listen to the waves crash ashore, enjoy a meal in our oceanfront restaurant, or just take in the beauty from our oceanfront patio. Gorgeous weather and beautiful scenery are some of the many magical things you can experience when you’re paying a visit to the Sands of Jacksonville Beach. Our hotel is recognized by the State of Florida as a Green Lodging Property & Most Sea Turtle Eco-Friendly Hotel. Our spacious rooms perfectly integrate business conveniences with luxurious comfort - beachside! Our junior and executive suites have a large oceanfront private balcony and a separate sitting area offering panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. All rooms are non-smoking and have an LCD screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, in-room coffee, and high-speed wireless internet access. Enjoy a reasonably priced breakfast buffet with omelets cooked to order and an ocean view. Relax in the oceanfront heated outdoor pool and whirlpool with Tiki Bar. Our hotel is equipped with an exercise room that has cardiovascular equipment and free weights. East coast Sports Rental has surfboards, skim boards, kayaks, bikes, beach chairs and umbrellas to rent for a day of fun at the beach. Reserve your room today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Venere, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.