If possible, I always prefer to stay at a property with an ocean view. There is only one Marriott property, other than the Ritz Carlton, in Jacksonville with an ocean view. We arrived at the hotel at 11:30pm tired from a long day of Christmas holiday traffic. There were limited options for dining, the local take out closed by mid night. The night desk service was helpful, and while she tried, could not increase options for late night dining.
However what I will always remember about this stay is the disruptive coughing through the night of the traveler next door; yes, I could hear him all night and the children when they woke in the morning. When I mentioned it to the front desk clerk at checkout, she said that it was because the room had adjoining doors and there was nothing they could do about it. While the sunrise over the Atlantic was beautiful, it could not compensate for sleep deprivation and we still had another full day of driving.
The hotel is located near US1 so we headed south for a scenic drive along the Florida shore.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront Hotel Jacksonville Beach
- Courtyard Jacksonville Beach
- Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
- Jacksonville Beach Marriott
- Jacksonville Beach Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront has spacious and comfortable guestrooms for you to enjoy along with the many amenities and close proximity to Jacksonville Beach attractions. Just a half hour from downtown Jacksonville and minutes away from some of the best shopping in the area, Jacksonville Beach is a great destination for business travelers or the family vacationers. Guests can sit on their balcony and listen to the waves crash ashore, enjoy a meal in our oceanfront restaurant, or just take in the beauty from our oceanfront patio. Gorgeous weather and beautiful scenery are some of the many magical things you can experience when you’re paying a visit to the Sands of Jacksonville Beach. Our hotel is recognized by the State of Florida as a Green Lodging Property & Most Sea Turtle Eco-Friendly Hotel. Our spacious rooms perfectly integrate business conveniences with luxurious comfort - beachside! Our junior and executive suites have a large oceanfront private balcony and a separate sitting area offering panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. All rooms are non-smoking and have an LCD screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, in-room coffee, and high-speed wireless internet access. Enjoy a reasonably priced breakfast buffet with omelets cooked to order and an ocean view. Relax in the oceanfront heated outdoor pool and whirlpool with Tiki Bar. Our hotel is equipped with an exercise room that has cardiovascular equipment and free weights. East coast Sports Rental has surfboards, skim boards, kayaks, bikes, beach chairs and umbrellas to rent for a day of fun at the beach. Reserve your room today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.