“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

223 9th Ave S, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250-6536
904-270-0080
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My mom and I was told about this diner from a gentleman on the fishing pier it came so highly recommened that. We decided to check it out. We were visiting from Savanah Georgia. The food was excellent the staff was very friendly and the owner Big George was amazing. Me nor mom had ever eatten Greek food befor it was so good that sometime in July we are pannning a trip just to go eat at the diner. Oh before I forget the cheese cake it was so wonderful words can't describe. I would recommend this diner. If your in the area stop in you want be sorry.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
“Can't believe it's still open”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

This place is just awful and I feel bad for the staff who have to work there. The owners are mean, rude Greek people. We went there today and they had only 3 waitresses working. We waited over 25min to get a table when many were empty and the owner chose not to seat us as tables became available. We waited probably 15 more min until someone threw menus at us. Once we saw our waitress she was great and had our food out quickly. We only saw her once after that, no refills on coffee or drinks. Had to pay our bill up front to nasty owner lady who refused to split our check of 6 people.
It is also dirty and has many poor health dept inspections. They just need to shut it down and let someone who cares about customer service run the place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Beach
“Slow service and food is ehh...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Very slow service. Waited 45 minutes for breakfast one day. FOod doesn't taste like authentic Greek food.

Visited May 2012
Gainesville, Florida
“Typical Diner Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My family and I ate at this diner at 9:30 on a Friday night. We are from out of town, and thought diner food sounded great, so we stopped in. It was a little "odd," combo of patrons and staff, however, we were in a diner at 9:30, so we went with it! The food was very good, I must say. We had two omelettes, fresh home fries, mac and cheese, and grilled cheese. All of which was good, real homemade food. The iced tea tasted a bit off, but I think it was just local water I am not used to. Oddly enough, (after reading other reviews) I did overhear the owner having an encounter with someone. We did not see any roaches or rats (!!!!) and the desserts looking absolutely incredible! Lots of homemade yummy looking sweets and mile high pies!

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Wasn't as good as hope...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Food took forever, they got the order wrong and then later I found out they were cited for lack of cleanliness

Visited May 2011