“the Best Breakfast, all day long” 5 of 5 stars

1281 3rd Street South, Jacksonville Beach, FL
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“the Best Breakfast, all day long”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This is a casual diner with excellent food and service! I love the breakfast menu and I will go in alone sometimes and sit at the counter. The serving staff is always pleasant and prompt. When others are with me, they often order lunch which they enjoy as much as I do breakfast.
There's a pleasant environment, really good food at reasonable prices and great service!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Popular Local Breakfast Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Beach Hut is perennial favorite worth Jacksonville Beach locals. Good food at reasonable prices served by some of the hardest working wait staff anywhere. That said, please be advised that if you show up after 8:30 on a weekend you can expect to wait a bit on a table. After 9:30 the line becomes considerable. My favorite is the spinach omelet with feta cheese. Of you like diced hash browns with onions order them crispy. Bustling and boisterous just like many of the patrons, it's also family friendly. Find seats at the country of you can and avoid the line for a table at the door!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Bleh... barf... what other disgusting words can you think of?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

If I could leave zero stars, I would. The only thing "entertaining" about this restaurant is the scantily clad beach customers. The service sucks, the food NEVER came. We left and they never apologized for not serving our food in 45 minutes while other customers that came in after us ate. We ordered a turkey sandwich and hotdog - should not take 45 minutes. I will never go there again. It's truly filthy - it smelled like feces. If the kitchen has any reflection on the cleanliness of the bathrooms - you're eating something really gross. Words to describe this restaurant: rude, horrible, disgusting, nasty, terrible. Don't waste your time and be fooled by the good reviews. As a local, I was advised on "where to sit" and "which waitress to have". Those tips didn't work for me. Terrible.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good food, friendly service ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very good breakfasts, I especially liked the eggs Benedict! Nice crispy home fries. Good lunch specials every day. Very busy on weekends, lots of locals eat here.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Good home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My mother and I visit the Beach Hut 2-10 times a month after our walk on the beach. Mostly for breakfast which is great. The pancakes, home fries, eggs, bacon and toast all homemade and the coffee is the best.
But, today we went later in the morning and had lunch. We had BLT's made on white bread with mayo and a side of coleslaw and fried okra. And the fresh brewed ice tea, so nice. The food is homemade like we make (and still do) and the service is wonderful. All of the waitresses make you feel at home and our favorite waitress always remember what we order. How many places can you go anymore and say "I'll have the usual".

• Visited June 2014