“Go for the bowl and have no regrets!” 4 of 5 stars

904-223-0202
Website
Improve this listing
Greenville, South Carolina
“Go for the bowl and have no regrets!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Never been to a New Orleans type restaurant, but we decided to try because of the reviews. Also, liking spicy food, we couldn't resist. My wife and I ordered three cups to share. We had the beans and rice, Jambalaya with chicken and sausage and Seafood Gumbo. We were not disappointed except wishing we would have ordered bowls instead of the cup portion. My favorite is the Seafood Gumbo- reminded me of a She-crab soup I used to really enjoy.

Visited September 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best Po Boys this side of New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

These guys really know how to do a traditional N.O. Po Boy. The secret is the bread, and they have it down. We recently traveled to New Orleans and sought out all the best rated places that make the best Po Boys, ( i am kind of obsessed with this Sandwich) and Gumbo Ya Ya's is right up there with the best of them.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Good stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Yet to find anything i do not enjoy on the menu. Great food, owners and value. Extra value is how great the staff treats kids. Real new orleans flave

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oviedo, Florida
“Don't recommend..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Took my family there.. We are seafood lovers and thought it would be nice. The waitress was a harsh and very unfriendly short haired older woman that didn't hide the fact that she was unhappy about something. She made our experience almost penitential.. The kids and I were uncomfortable with her constant glare and she finally came and told us she didn't like us refilling our own drinks at the fountain that was available to the dining room. She was horrible. The food was average.. We had the fried oysters, shrimp boil, chicken tenders and roast beef over rice and beans. The waitress didn't make the food any better or paying above what we usually pay for a family of 4 feel any better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Another Great Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

As promised, we stopped in for another meal when we were in Jacksonville. My husband couldn't eat since he was having some medical testing done, but he was a trooper and took me so I could have some "hometown" food. I had the seafood gumbo and the shrimp etouffee, and both came with wonderfully fresh French bread. The gumbo seemed a bit thick, but was still tasty. The etouffe was quite good, and it was the first time I had it with shrimp instead of crawfish.

Staff was very nice and helpful to everyone who came into the restaurant.

We'll be back for another taste of "home" when we're back in town!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere