“Another Great Meal” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ashburn, Virginia
“Another Great Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

As promised, we stopped in for another meal when we were in Jacksonville. My husband couldn't eat since he was having some medical testing done, but he was a trooper and took me so I could have some "hometown" food. I had the seafood gumbo and the shrimp etouffee, and both came with wonderfully fresh French bread. The gumbo seemed a bit thick, but was still tasty. The etouffe was quite good, and it was the first time I had it with shrimp instead of crawfish.

Staff was very nice and helpful to everyone who came into the restaurant.

We'll be back for another taste of "home" when we're back in town!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Expectations were exceeded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went here on a beach trip with my family. LOVED IT!! Best po-boy I have ever had. Wife had jambalaya and kids had ham and cheese po-boys. Also had some killer hand breaded mushrooms. Writing this review before sampling bread pudding, but I'm sure it will be great too. Good value to. The bill with tip was only 60.00. Two thumbs up!! Much better than the Cajun at home.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Holy Cow, what a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We found this place by accident and were really impressed. While we were eating our lunch, we were busy looking at the menu and ordering to go items to try later. The service was excellent, the food was wonderful and the prices were very reasonable. Between the 5 of us, we sampled many of the menu items and they were ALL good. This is not a fancy place, but it is really good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Excellent Gumbo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a friend tell me about this place so I had to try it. I love gumbo and I must say it was pretty good. New Orleans still gumbo in a foam cup. No fancy dinning here. Service good and the place was small but crowded. Pricing was ok but I thought a little high for a small eat-in strip mall restuarant. I will go back when I crave gumbo.

Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great new place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Great food and bread! The staff was friendly and the atmosphere makes you believe you are in The Big Easy! Had the seafood gumbo and onion rings. Gumbo had great flavor and thr rings were big and crispy. I'll definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013