“Holy Cow, what a find!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Holy Cow, what a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We found this place by accident and were really impressed. While we were eating our lunch, we were busy looking at the menu and ordering to go items to try later. The service was excellent, the food was wonderful and the prices were very reasonable. Between the 5 of us, we sampled many of the menu items and they were ALL good. This is not a fancy place, but it is really good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Excellent Gumbo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a friend tell me about this place so I had to try it. I love gumbo and I must say it was pretty good. New Orleans still gumbo in a foam cup. No fancy dinning here. Service good and the place was small but crowded. Pricing was ok but I thought a little high for a small eat-in strip mall restuarant. I will go back when I crave gumbo.

Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great new place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Great food and bread! The staff was friendly and the atmosphere makes you believe you are in The Big Easy! Had the seafood gumbo and onion rings. Gumbo had great flavor and thr rings were big and crispy. I'll definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“Tasty food, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We read about this place, and the hotel opined.
We had cups of the gumbo. OK.
We had oyster poboys. OK and they did store overnight and taste good the next day.

But, this is not fine dining. Server was good. I suppose that the good was unique and good for this area, and our last visit to NOLA was at least 10 years ago.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in Jacksonville for the day and I saw this restaurant as we were on our way to the airport. We decided we had time to stop in for a late lunch/early dinner. So glad we did! This restaurant is located in a small strip mall. Service was very friendly and very good. Being a New Orleans native, I had a nice conversation with the lady who waited on us, and I enjoyed looking at all the Louisiana decor. We both had seafood gumbo, which was served with authentic New Orleans French bread. My husband had the red beans and rice, which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the small shrimp po-boy and it was very good. The batter was cornmeal, which was different, but still good!

We'll be back in Jacksonville this summer and I'm sure we'll stop in for another authentic New Orleans meal!

• Visited April 2013