“Nightmare On 1st Street!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seawalk Hotel and Spa

Seawalk Hotel and Spa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jacksonville Beach
Seawalk Hotel and Spa
117 First Avenue North, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250   |
Ranked #10 of 10 hotels in Jacksonville Beach
Georgia
“Nightmare On 1st Street!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

What can you say about this crappy Hotel & Spa? Let me try and put sum it up, I really enjoy the beach, but I can't say anything good about the nightmares that still occur from my stay at this place. The rooms are terrible, There isn't any type of room service I don't beleive that anyone there really knows how to clean a room, the 1st room I was in the shower that you stood in had standing water in it, which didn't matter, for the hot water didn't work also. The blinds didn't cover the windows, The bedding was nasty and and the lock on the door didn't work, I called the Halfway Harry at the number they provided and asked about heat, they had a small space heater, that really didn't work. I couldn't get the internet to work. I moved to a different room, which I thought just maybe that the room would be better but, it wasn't. Each room has its own set of problems, the other room had roach infestation, as the weather got colder and seeing how that room didn't have a heat, nor was I provided with any type of space heater, I called the front desk, I even found myself stalking the lobby area to try and catch a glimpse of the staff. I cleaned my room before I used the bathroom swept the floor and I slept with the lights on I didn't want to get attacked from homeless people that were walking around in the court yards. I've spent 16 years in the Army and I've been stationed in nasty places, but I'd live back in Iraq or Afghanistan before staying at this hotel with it's worderful staff like "Half Way Harry" who is drunk all the times I've met with him, or "Charles the Con" and his wife "Judy The Maid" supposely is the maid service or the lack of so, I just trying to make sure that each person gets there props. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE UNLESS YOU LIKE GETTING CHARGED FOR SERVICES NOT RENDERED

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

28 people have reviewed this hotel

tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

What a dump. My wife and I travel a lot and this was one of the worst experiences ever. We thought homeless people would be coming through the door any minute. Security was non existent - a guy sitting out front checking ID's for the bar at night. The general public was allowed in to party in the courtyard all night on the 4th of July weekend. The stage where the band played was 4 feet from our hotel door that had locks that were falling out of the door. At one point we had 4 guys smoking god knows what leaning against our door. Amenities - no curtains, no cleaning, no service, no front office person, plenty of mold, dirt and sand. I would guess that this place was built in the 1940's. One electrical outlet in our room with everything plugged in to it. The windows did have blinds from Kmart that were about half broken, but no curtains to block the noise or light. Do yourself a favor and bring some thumbtacks to tack your towels over the windows so that people are not looking through your blinds. The really nice thing is that they allow dogs and have homeless people living on property. One of the guys that works there asked me if he could buy a cigarette for a dollar - are you kidding me ??? If you love live bands 5 feet from your bed, homeless people, barking dogs and dirt this is the place for you. There is no spa, this is not a "boutique" hotel and service is non-existant. It is more like a motel / apartment and it looks as if they rent rooms by the hour. Their website is extremely deceiving. At one point I wandered around maybe looking for some towels and found the houskeeping room. They had dirty towles and such folded up ready for the next unlucky guest. The housekeeping area was a total mess and the houskeeper was nowhere to be found. My wife and I had to wonder whether the people who own and run this hotel have ever been to a days inn on the side of I 95. Our recommendation whould be to stay in your car if this is your only choice - you will be happier there. We also have to wonder if the JAX health dept has ever even been to this place because if they did visit they would shut it down. Our only blessing was that we were visiting friends and spent as much of our time at their house as possible, all the time wondering if our stuff would still be there when we got back. If you do stay there plan to pack all your stuff and leave it in your car while you are out, it will be safer there. Good luck parking, I had to wait 20 minutes out on the street for a parking space so that my car would not be stolen overnight. If you were a 20 year old college student with nothing but a case of hot beer and the shirt on your back this is your dream hotel - if you could afford it !!! Maybe you could make some money here if you sold cigarettes for a dollar . . .

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

Friends of ours had thier wedding reception there and rented out the place. I can honestly so we had the best time ever. Not only are you a block from the beach and all-day and night entertainment, you are two blocks from A1A. Harry our conciegre was the best, he made us all feel very at home. Harry help people keep up with their things while they were drinking and on Sunday morning when people were looking for things he had their stuff in the office. I thought that was great service. The rooms were small but the atmoshepe made up for it. It was was small and quit great for a privite get away. Not to mention the place was built in 1948, the hisorical value is pretty much unheard of. The rooms were clean and well dressed. If you need any thing that isnt provided just ask and they'll get it for you. There is a bar conected to the court yard and music on sunday afternoons. I recomend this hotel only if you are chill and relaxed person. If you have Ritz taste this place isn't for you.

• Stayed March 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

This was absolutely one of the filthiest hotels I have ever seen. On arriving for check-in, there was a note on the front door with a number to call to reach the person on duty. After she finally came, she gave us a room that had dirt on the floor, stains on the sheets, and a tiny bathtub that had obviously not been cleaned in quite a while.

The temperature outside was in the mid-thirties - The room had an extremely small space heater that did nothing but blow around the excessive amounts of dust on the end table near where it was.

When my husband went back to ask for a change of room, the woman on duty took us to another room - This one had a window shade missing, a crack in that same window, and foot prints on the floor. There was also a very strong odor of bleach that was sickening. We decided that there was no way we could stay there.

This was a horrible experience for my husband and me. We actually felt dirty after being in that hotel.

Do not stay at the Seawalk Hotel if you expect clean rooms and service.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — The filth and lack of concern from management
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

My family and I stayed at the "Seawalk Hotel & Spa" during the weekend of July 25-27th. The name "Hotel & Spa" is a joke! It should be "Seawalk Motel & Dump". There is no spa. It is a mostly out doors hotel, no pool and very tiny rooms. The hotel itself is old, from the 1940's. It could be a lot nicer if there was a constant maintenance or upkeep. However there seems to be none. The rooms were pricey for the accommodations. We paid $299 for 2 nights in a room with 2 double beds, a horribly small bathroom with a filthy shower and a window unit air conditioning. Saturday night a band played until after 10:30 pm. We didn't mind it until my young niece of 1 years old wanted to sleep.

The hotel is about 1/4 mile from the beach. That is probably it's only selling point. The courtyard has a bar at night which draws the drinkers and loud obnoxious crowd. I would not recommend this place for a family vacation or a family with young children. We had 5 people in one room and had to ask for clean towels. We had our "housekeeping" tag on the outside of the door but those are clearly purposeless. When we asked the hotel staff for fresh towels she said she couldn't see our housekeeping tag on the outside of the door. They obviously don't venture to the second floor to see if their guests need anything. Hospitality is non existent.

We tried to make the best of our situation by laughing at all the horrible accommodations. I would not wish this place on anyone!
I highly recommend you DO NOT stay at this dump. You do not get your money's worth, nor do you get clean sheets, clean towels, clean bathrooms or a safe feeling.

• Liked — It was close to the beach. (1/4 Mile)
  • Disliked — Filthy and Disgusting.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SURVEYUMP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

Do not believe the Hotel website.
The rooms were small and unclean. If you need to bath, bring shower shoes, The shower is nasty, there is not a bathtub and the bathroom is semi clean. Forget about trying to sit and relax in your room , there is not a chair nor room for one. The TV did not work properly, it was probably just old. There is a bar (beer and wine) but when it is open, it is not stocked. Rooms are not serviced and clean towels are not provided, without asking. . The spa has not yet been found, unless aromatherapy is considered garbage and sewage smells. This place is definitely overpriced. However if you like to smoke dope, hook up for a night and party like a drunken sailor this is the Hotel for you.

• Liked — ?????
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Daytona Beach, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

This was the worst place that we have ever stayed. The website for the hotel is very deceiving. For the price, the stay was not worth it at all! First of all, the room was not cleaned well, the door did not shut all the way, and the surround sound system did not work. They could not replace the system, because they said the hotel was booked. Also, the A/C was a window unit- very disappointing. I got sick during the night from the A/C. Do not base you decision on the website for the hotel. Please find another place to stay!

• Liked — Close to the Beach
  • Disliked — The price, the room, and the deceptive advertising.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Seawalk Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!