“WOW what a find” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Anniston, Alabama
“WOW what a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This place is open 6:30am-2:30pm and serves breakfast or lunch 7 days a week. Everything on the menu is good and they pile your plate full. Prices are reasonable and service is great. They say it's where the locals eat; I believe it as the place is packed. We ordered breakfast and could not eat it all. This will be one of our favorite places to eat around here.

Visited August 2014
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
jimandlo23, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit here at our Jacksonville Beach location. If you enjoyed breakfast so much, you will surely enjoy one of our flavorful sandwiches that's packed high with homemade ingredients. Our diner is definitely my favorite and I'm glad to see that it's yours as well. I look forward to you joining us again!!

Allegany, NY
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Down visiting my daughter. Went here for breakfast. I went to my trusty, handy dandy Trip Advisor App. Other people recommend the Charleston. I ordered that and boy was it awesome. I would definitely go back.

Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
jback1131, trip advisor is such a neat place to review when you're visiting somewhere new, isn't it?! I appreciate you checking us out and exploring the different options on our menu from the reviews online. Our Charleston Shrimp and Grits is one of our top sellers and definitely a favorite among both the locals and visitors. Next time you're visiting your daughter, please join us again, perhaps for lunch for the second trip! Thanks again!
Phoenix, Arizona
“Must Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I would travel again from Arizona to Florida just to eat at the Metro. The food is Excellent, I mean REALLY OUTSTANDING. We went for lunch, got in just before closing and it was full, easy to see why. They know how to make out stand meals

Visited June 2014
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
PhnxUnion, what lovely compliments you gave to our Jacksonville Beach location! I agree with you; our food is really outstanding! We have so many comforting items prepared in unique fashions that make each experience delightful! Next stop in Jacksonville Beach, please come say hi and enjoy our dishes and service. We'd love to have you again!
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Can't wait to go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our server was great! Knowledgeable and attentive. I ordered the Charleston shrimp and grit cakes, I almost have no words to describe how good that dish was. Fantastic! My husband had Yo Hala on the Square, he loved it. When we ordered the server made us aware that we could get a half order. Turned out that was all we could handle. We saw all the plates coming out of the kitchen and everything was HUGE. I sincerely thank her for letting us know about the half order, this way we could eat what we got and didn't feel like we were wasting food or money. Like I said, the food was just FANTASTIC! Don't miss a great breakfast!

Visited June 2014
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Jaxgrl2011, I want to sincerely thank you for coming in and joining us at our Jacksonville Beach location. We are so grateful to have such wonderful guests who thoroughly enjoy each dish and service. Yes, our portions are extremely delicious, so now you know you can order a whole order if you ever want to take home leftovers! (I always love leftovers!) Come and try out our lunch menu the next chance you get! You won't be disappointed in that department either! :)
Asheville, North Carolina
“Not as impressed as I thought I would be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This restaurant has great reviews- we were all disappointed. WE had breakfast, the corned beef hash was not as great as other home made corn beef hash I had at other restaurants. The pancakes were gummy like and difficult to cut without a knife along with being tasteless, and my nieces hot chocolate was lukewarm and tasted instant. We will not go back there again- it is not all it is cracked up to be.

Visited July 2014
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Marie R, I am very shocked and disappointed to hear that your experience was not a successful and perfect one. Our corned beef hash is a favorite for many of our guests and its consistency with being homemade is highly recommended. Did you order the Bissell Breakfast as well? We make plenty of pancakes throughout the day; perhaps they were on the grill for a time longer than normal. I personally love our pancakes, especially when you add chocolate chips and bananas! I'd love for you to give us a second chance and try some of our favorites, or even check out our lunch menu! We'll make sure your experience is delicious and exactly what you want!