“Upscale dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Upscale dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Not the usual greasy spoon, portions very large, varied menu, pleasant service. Reasonable prices, locals go there also

Visited July 2013

81% Recommend
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great staff, great food, BIG portions so you may want to share. Definitely a place to try for breakfast!

Visited July 2013
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Beware of what you order!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have eaten there several times and found the food to be pricey for breakfast, but then you see the portions, about two times as much as you need. Nothing to get excited about, although the eggs benedict are good. Last time I went I ordered the huevos rancheros nachos. Another person in my party order a burger with onion rings and my daughter got her usual Eggs Benedict. When the food came, the chips and onion rings seemed dark. It appeared that they had used old oil and this had ruined the items fried in them. I then ordered their signature chicken and waffles to go and when I got home I found the chicken had been deep fried in the same oil and was burned as well. This items is a pricey $14 and did not want to bring it back. Haven't been there since. If they can not even change their old and reuse it over and over again, I feel that those high prices are not worth the quality fo the food. I have not been back since and found that for those prices I could eat lunch at a nice restaurant ont he beach.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Daniel D, General Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Cercyse,

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience at Metro Diner back in July. I sincerely apologize for the delayed response. Your subpar experience and poor food quality is unacceptable and I can not apologize enough. Items should never be burnt or taste as if they were cooked in old oil. At Metro Diner we pride ourselves on having exceptional service and outstanding food all in a clean and warm atmosphere. I can assure you what you experienced is not a normal occurrence or acceptable. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another chance, so that we can show you how the Metro Diner experience should be. Feel free to contact me directly as I would love the opportunity to personally make things right (daniel@metrodiner.com).

Thanks,

Daniel DeLeon
San Diego
“Best Breakfast in Jax Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We go out to breakfast....a lot and this is our favorite spot at the beach. We love the creme brûlée coffee and my husband and I usually split the breakfast pie and the French toast. They are fast and the service is usually great. If you go past 9:30, be prepared to wait as it's a popular spot.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Great Breakfast - Need some help in the service department”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

While visiting friends in J'ville Beach they took us here, one of their fav Breakfast places. The food was fantastic. We all shared a taste of our orders with each other. I tasted the best pancake of my life there. I don't order pancakes normally nor did I this trip, they all taste the same, but my buddy Dave was insistent I try them, so he order a table plate. They were simply amazing, but painful, as I couldn't stop eating them. I ordered a special, it was shrimp and scallops server over cheddar cheese infused grits topped with a light sausage gravy. All I can say is WOW... It was so good I will say it backwards... WOW... The place is always busy, so plan on waiting we waited 20 minutes or so. The service wasn't too bad, our waited a very nice looking young man had no shortage of friends there mostly pretty young girls constantly waving him down... I can't blame him too much for that, I remember what it is like to be young even if it was a long time ago. The atmosphere is a diner with all the busyness and clatter you come to expect in a great diner.

• Visited June 2013